Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
79 Sanger Picklefork
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be a high and low figure to put together a motor like this..below is the info supplied in the ad.

For the power plant, 540 CI Dart Big M short deck block., Eagle 4340 forged crank 1.25 stroke. Crank has been double keyed for blower. Eagle H beam forged rods with upgraded L-19 rod bolts, JE Blower pistons,8.4:1 ratio, crane hydraulic roller cam,roller rockers with stud girdle, full roller motor. Cycloe billet timing cover with cam button adjustment. The heads are Pro Comp 360 with full cnc porting. I'm using a 4 inch super chiller with a 8.71 little field supercharger. 2 Blueprinted 750 holley carbs. Running 8 lbs of boost motor makes 870 hp.
Boat runs well over a 100 and gets there in a hurry. Handles extremely well for what the boat is. I have over 30k invested in motor.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
New at least 25k
X2 I have a 6-71 injection, no intercooler and steel heads and I am around this #. It is not too hard to get there buying new parts. Buying used parts will get you there slower but when those parts go bad and take out the good ones you can spend more in the long run buying used. It is like renting to own.

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
I think I would have just skimmed right on by, when I saw the head mfr. That single ticket item, tells you what the rest of the build tollerences will be. Might be a good deal, but then again it could just eat it's self up.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
What would be a high and low figure to put together a motor like this..below is the info supplied in the ad.

For the power plant, 540 CI Dart Big M short deck block., Eagle 4340 forged crank 1.25 stroke. Crank has been double keyed for blower. Eagle H beam forged rods with upgraded L-19 rod bolts, JE Blower pistons,8.4:1 ratio, crane hydraulic roller cam,roller rockers with stud girdle, full roller motor. Cycloe billet timing cover with cam button adjustment. The heads are Pro Comp 360 with full cnc porting. I'm using a 4 inch super chiller with a 8.71 little field supercharger. 2 Blueprinted 750 holley carbs. Running 8 lbs of boost motor makes 870 hp.
Boat runs well over a 100 and gets there in a hurry. Handles extremely well for what the boat is. I have over 30k invested in motor.
I know a place that can do it for you on a single carb for a lot less than 30k and you wouldnt have to deal with the blower and dual carb problems. Oh yeah and it would be done with heads that are much better than pro comps. just my $.02:D

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts

Your bore spacing must be insane with giant pistons or maybe you meant 4.25 stroke? OK, I'm just yanking your blower belt. :D

·
Registered
1,164 Posts

You could duplicated that engine for $20,000 Or build a similar engine that makes the same power for a lot less. There is no reason for a fancy aftermarket block at those power levels so thats a huge saving right there.

I think it is crazy what some people will pay for some of these 1,100 hp set up's....I have seen marine engines with a roots blower and carbs that makes 1,100 advertised for 40,000 or more!!! Sure wish I had money to just piss down the drain like lots of these people do!

We run stock blocks with eagle kits and srp pistons over 1200hp in boosted spplications and have had zero problems.

I see you are in Cda, I am in spokane.....need any help hit me up.

Travis

1 - 10 of 10 Posts