Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI guys this is my first post so bare with me. I just bought a 24 HTM ss and was wondering what you guys thought I had for power. I was told this was the following build on the engine

Gen 5 block 565 cubic inch
callies crank
manely rods
cp pistons
edelbrock performer rpm heads
cam is unknown but it is what HTM was putting in their motors back in 2003
lightning dry headers
blower shop 250cid blower with teague inter cooler
I am seeing 3-4 psi in havasu heat 115-120
It has a single dominator carb not sure if it is a 1050 or 1105

The drive is a IMCO SC which I believe has 1.5 gears. I am running a stock 30pitch bravo 1 prop and with 1/4 tanks I was seeing around 97mph at 5900-6000rpm in 115-120 heat

Just wondering how much power this should produce on 91 pump fuel thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does the mph sound right for this setup in this boat in the heat. What do you think the boat will run for mph in cooler weather?

·
Banned
1,263 Posts
I say this is a fair guess.

Just wondering how much power this should produce on 91 pump fuel thanks

Who knows what it should produce because we don't have all the info. If your friends are asking then tell'm 500hp. Sandbagging is cool.

But, as posted above, based on your speed you where given fair guesses.

Remember, it's just a guess.

Nothing is actual until actual is measured.
----------------------------------------------------------

You have a fun boat - enjoy it ! Remember, you can play safe while still playing hard.

·
Registered
239 Posts
The SS is a fast hull and HTM used to market this boat with their NA 565 as being their 100 MPH ride for under $80K. That 565 was rated by HTM at 580 HP, but I'm thinking it was more like 720 and it would get that hull to 100. If you are getting 97 in 110+ heat you are looking at triple digits in 80 degree air.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts