Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get rid of my aerospace vacum pump.it would only pull 8 at wide open throttle. Would a moroso enhanced 3 vane be okay or is the 4 vane better?

·
steelcomp was here
26,528 Posts
Looking to get rid of my aerospace vacum pump.it would only pull 8 at wide open throttle. Would a moroso enhanced 3 vane be okay or is the 4 vane better?
For a wet sump deal 11-12" is about as far as you want to go without doing a lot of prep. The 3 vane Moroso will probably get you there. They do make rebuild kits for the Aerospace pumps.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did rebuild it and it didnt get any better.i have read that those really dont pull to much more

·
steelcomp was here
26,528 Posts
I did rebuild it and it didnt get any better.i have read that those really dont pull to much more
I had one on the last 565 I did and it pulled 11.3 @ 7000 with their pulleys. I've heard the inside of the cases wear and not sure if a rebuild can fix that.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
I heard the on Aero does move a lot of air compared to the Moroso. They seem to work ok small blocks and smaller BBC.

The Moroso 3 vane moves more air than the 4 vane, but it can't pull as deep of a depression. The 4 vane moroso is designed to be aided by a dry sump and pull a deeper depression.

None of them work to well if your engine is a leaker

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Distinguished Member
5,780 Posts
So how much more HP or other benefit do you think you'll get with another few inches vacuum? I wouldn't change it just for that. Now the Aerospace are more a drag race kinda deal and if it's a lake boat, you may want something that might have a bit more longevity. If that's the case, check out GZ Motorsports stuff.... Personally, I run the Aerospace stuff because it's billet and shiny which is generally good for a couple tenths at CFW (less so at the track) :yes:

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Motor is sealed up tight.not really looking for more horsepower, its a 585 cubic inch just want it to breath right.i was reading that the aerospace pump is to small for the cubic inch

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Motor is sealed up tight. not really looking for more horsepower, its a 585 cubic inch just want it to breath right. i was reading that the aerospace pump is to small for the cubic inch
I would leave it alone. It's not like you really lean on the engine anyways.....more of a show piece that gets you to the sandbar and back....lol :happy:

I got 10.9" on mine at 6200 I plan on doing a rebuild on it and hope it works the same this time around on the dyno. Mine was good for 35 hp with a standard ring pack. Going a little more low tension this time around.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wonder if I took the relief value out of the pump if it would pull a little more.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Don't beat me up over this, it's my car that I restored. Used this before and @3500 rpm it pulled a little over 7 inches of vacuum, 12 at wot. Surprised a lot of people with a stock replacement smog pump, real cheap but does the job. Even surprised a tech at the drag strip.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts