Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Cantard
5,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cant wait on gn7 or steelcomp any longer and since I actualy work:D Here is what I found today. Pulled the motor this morning...... had lunch then started the tear down.

This would be how you dont install a stud girdle.

Attachments

·
Administrator
16,874 Posts
Why did you pull it apart???:D
LMAO sounds like the people that tell me "it was running great when I took it apart" when I give them their estimate. You know what my next question is :D

·
Cantard
5,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That doodad that holds the gears together fell on the floor when I pulled the cover. lol

You should have heard the customer when I told him it was a 396 not a 427!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

Is there something missing near #1 cam bearing or did GM just put those 2 bolt holes there for fun?
No, GM didn't put them there for fun, but they were only used in some GM marine applications using 2 gear cam drives with reverse rotation cams. Never could understand why nobody ever made a hold/wear plate like Ford's have, so you did have to fight end play on a roller. It would require a different cam gear that was cut for the thickness of the plate, but they could have sold it as a kit. Chevy ended up using them as soon as the hyd roller became standard. Alot of the later block aren't tapped, some aren't even drilled, but the area has always been there.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Cantard
5,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
gear=bad, 3 gear=better 2gear=best:)bulb I agree, I have never run one of these because the whole idea scares me:)Unsure:confused:
Same here, I just cant picture in my head how all that clankin and chattering can be good for anything.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
2 gear might not have the correct lash after a line bore. I donno, just thinking.
I always wonder what keeps those floppy idlers from moving around. Seems like one would get pushed out and the other gets pulled in. Wouldn't that put a load on the cam or main bearings? But hey, you can get them in quite or noisy so they must be the shit. I mean, a Jessel don't sound like a supercharger (that needs oil). lol

·
steelcomp was here
26,512 Posts

classic.
Check to make sure that hole hasn't beat the seat out of it. Put a straight edge across the valve tips and make sure they're all fairly close.
I can see part of teh problem here...if the girdle was raised, it would barely be on the intake adjusters. It's already too high, and would only get worse. Not uncommon.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts