Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how i really do care for an V6 2 stroke Evinrude 150hp outboard as thiswas my first ever outboard in this size thiswas my first ever 150hp V6 outboard as im thinking of getting these outboards in future as far i knew as well needed was right way to mix50;1 premix on my 1st ever Evinrude 150hp V6 2 stroke outboard as you need to tell me how i can service these older model Evinrude's these was the model im thinking of getting in future same thing of the Johnson of that year too these was the premix outboards in the V6s as im getting a good outboard as im an ex outboard mechanic i knew this was really easy to service myself can you give me advice on these outboards say these was from 1985 and later models thiswas my first ever V6 outboard on my next boat as im from Australia and really have alot to learn on these outboards

·
Registered
1972 Rayson Craft
21 Posts
The very first thing you should do is change the water pump impeller in the lower unit and change the oil in the lower unit. Get rid of any fuel in tanks and inspect the inside as best as possible. Change the spark plugs and inspect the motor just like you did in the past with any outboard. For the same weight you could find a 235hp. I miss the 2 strokes! I had a Johnson 235 on a 20' Sleekcraft SST tunnel and it would run 80 mph all day with a 26" prop and would run all day with skiing on two 15 gallon tanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The very first thing you should do is change the water pump impeller in the lower unit and change the oil in the lower unit. Get rid of any fuel in tanks and inspect the inside as best as possible. Change the spark plugs and inspect the motor just like you did in the past with any outboard. For the same weight you could find a 235hp. I miss the 2 strokes! I had a Johnson 235 on a 20' Sleekcraft SST tunnel and it would run 80 mph all day with a 26" prop and would run all day with skiing on two 15 gallon tanks.
thanks for thiis advice as you are aware thiswas my first ever boat with this outboard as you are aware im really new to these evinrude outboards as thiswas my 1st ever V6 150hp outboards as you are aware im really getting a good knowledge on these outboards as you are a good help for me in future when i do ever buy these outboards in future as im seeing the day will come in future as your help was really be gladly accepted as i knew thiswas really was my first ever V6 outboard thiswas the evinrude 150hp 2 stroke outboard on my next boat in future hope you read thiswas my thanks for the goood help my friends

1 - 3 of 3 Posts