Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Last summer I had the distinct displeasure of being subjected to Tahoe's eco-Nazi inspection and extortion of money. I have been inspected many times at different locations, the people were for the most part pleasant and easy to deal with, no issues, and no fee's. However Tahoe has seen this as an opportunity to cash in on an unfortunate invasion of non indigenes species. I paid the extra fee and had the sticker from the CA DMV that was suppose to allow launching in any inland lake according to the memo that arrived with the additional fee. I was also forced to pay extra for a hot water decontamination, I want to say the total extortion fee was $ 85.00, just for less than 15 minutes of actual work.

Be a cold day in hell before those greedy p r I c k s see another dime of my money. Oh and the gas at Tahoe City was 6.99 a gallon for 87 octane. Take my boating dollars where they are appreciated.

·
Bah...
2,546 Posts
Wow, if there was as much concentration on the illegal immigrant problem as on people wanting to go boating for a day and being checked for invasive species you guys would be all set out there!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts