Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Steve
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How To Videos for strut bushing replacement

A few videos I made over the weekend.....
Here's the first half of project. shows taking everything apart.

·
Steve
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Second half.......
Putting it back together.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Thanks

Great videos. Thanks for posting. You made the key point clear....you need to "Clock" the front and rear bearings! This is the most common mistake people make and then they go to slide the prop shaft in and it binds a bit and is hard to slide.

·
Speedy Member
6,785 Posts
Great videos!!!:))THumbsUp

You can avoid the whole hacksaw the old strut bushing thing by just using a small sharp flat head screwdriver in between the bushing and the strut. You just tap it in with a hammer and it will disintegrate the bushing and pull right out.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Great videos!!!:))THumbsUp

You can avoid the whole hacksaw the old strut bushing thing by just using a small sharp flat head screwdriver in between the bushing and the strut. You just tap it in with a hammer and it will disintegrate the bushing and pull right out.
Aren't you supposed to be in surgery right now? Jetboat guys are tough

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Very Nicely Done!

I am a retired HS shop teacher (street rod/v-drive guy) and IMO you did a great job on your videos.
You are to be commended and thanked for sharing the information. :))THumbsUp

Dave

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Great job on the Video's. Must be nice not having to remove the rudder to get the shaft out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Strut Bushings

Good Job!!!!
Kent Santos
Barber Welding & Mfg.
Marine Division-
Direct 562-927-1906
Fax 562-806-2889
Mobile 562-972-4715
Email:[email protected]
www.barberwelding.com or visit us on facebook
Please keep us in mind for any additional Fabrication, Machine or Welding services .Other products include our marine division of rudders, struts, bulkhead/water pick up fittings, turning fin assemblies, & stainless steel adapters. Capabilities include design & manufacture to customer's specifications.

·
Steve
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mind if I post links to these in the how-to section on Hot Boat Database?
Not at all..... I made these videos to help people out. I've learned so much thru the years from people on forums (especially PB) and from Youtube videos. Thanks for all the replies.

·
Old Skool
56 Posts
Thank you

Thank you for taking the time to make these videos and post them for everybody here. It is appreciated by many

·
Can you prove it cabron?
361 Posts
awesome videos thanks for your efforts! for anyone who has never done this before or never replaced a shaft log seal, make sure you take your time when pushing the prop shaft through the log seal and dont spin the shaft or the seal to get it on as the keyway slot in the prop shaft can cut the soft grease lip seals inside. I have ruined a brand new seal by doing this. thanks again for the videos S&S:))THumbsUp:))THumbsUp

1 - 15 of 15 Posts