Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
its basically the exact same bottom as the 26' American Offshore, 25' Talon, etc etc. Great in the rough water, takes BIG power to make them move. A buddy of mine had a 26' AO with about 750/800 blower motor hp and the boat ran 101 - 103 GPS. Put that same power in a 25' Daytona 110 ~ mph. put that in a HTM = 115 ~ Mph.

·
AKA DrewDown
598 Posts
its basically the exact same bottom as the 26' American Offshore, 25' Talon, etc etc. Great in the rough water, takes BIG power to make them move. A buddy of mine had a 26' AO with about 750/800 blower motor hp and the boat ran 101 - 103 GPS. Put that same power in a 25' Daytona 110 ~ mph. put that in a HTM = 115 ~ Mph.
Its all in the set up.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
there is an 04 on boat trader. looks nice it was in hotboat (sorry) back in 04. but i an undecied on either force offshore, eliminator, ultra. i would like a 25-27 with, I KNOW, open bow. looking for something to be turn key and reliable. i saw a 25 daytona on here that looks nice too. But i did run across this one and it looked nice just didnt know too much about them

·
mud slinger
1,983 Posts
Well I can tell you I drove all those boat before I bought the Howard. Like others have said, GREAT in rough water. I have an 2000 with a 509ci w/871 blower that makes around 800-850hp. The best I have seen is 104mph with 1 friend and low fuel in 110 temp. I dont know where you live but I can take you out one time in it so you can see how it handles the water. Feel free to pm any ? you have

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I have a 25 Daytona, but if I was to do it all over I would by a Magic or Conquest deck boat. Reason number 1...Insurance (its much cheaper for decks). Reason 2...Insurance, Reason 3, they have a lot of bells and whistles and run pretty good speeds.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.