Performance Boats Forum banner

41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
It is what it is
2,650 Posts
Definantly one of the sharpest looking decks on the market IMO.

If I have one problem with them, the guy who built one and copied my gel scheme as exact as he could from the magazine picutres of my boat.

I met him at Pleasant, he said he'd never seen mine in person but he took the magazine to Howard and they did their best to duplicate it exactly. :mad:

·
Hotboat Chupas
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Definantly one of the sharpest looking decks on the market IMO.

If I have one problem with them, the guy who built one and copied my gel scheme as exact as he could from the magazine picutres of my boat.

I met him at Pleasant, he said he'd never seen mine in person but he took the magazine to Howard and they did their best do duplicate exactly. :mad:

I forgot you told me that paul.... i cant believe they would "splash" the boat to look like yours. You can look at it as a compliment :)sphss

·
32 DW X-CAT
2,271 Posts
Comment:

I do not know the boat Outdrive1 is talking about but I do know this much. If you design and produce your own graphics [we did]---Howard will not duplicate it for another customer period---unless you consent to it.

This boat has an incredible gelcoat that is not only gorgeous but will withstand the test of time---so in 5 years it will still be in style.

drtywhat--- you better get your uncle over to the shop:D. In any event, it is a boat you really want to see in person if you decide later you want to design your own graphics.

Let me tell you it is so hard and a long process to finalize a graphic scheme. Furthermore, if you like this design selecting your own is a monumental and difficult task not to mention very final:).

KAP

P.S. & FYI drtywhat or 2Forceful ESSEX credit is doing loans right now and at great rates 6.9% last time I checked ;).

·
8anned
4,154 Posts
I do not know the boat Outdrive1 is talking about but I do know this much. If you design and produce your own graphics [we did]---Howard will not duplicate it for another customer period---unless you consent to it.
So Howard will not duplicate another Howard but they will duplicate an Ultra. Outdrive1 is talking about the baby blue Ultra. I'm sure you'll figure out which one.

·
It is what it is
2,650 Posts
So Howard will not duplicate another Howard but they will duplicate an Ultra. Outdrive1 is talking about the baby blue Ultra. I'm sure you'll figure out which one.
I didn't mean to get anyone fired up about it, but in my opinion it kinda sucks.

I know Throttle had Schiada copy his, they switched some colors around however. Mine is an exact copy, baby blue and silver. At least Howard, Schiada are names that I don't mind being associated with.

·
32 DW X-CAT
2,271 Posts
Chumpchange:
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
Having said that--- if some other boat manufacturer copied our gel scheme it would be flattery but we would all know who designed it first;).

I do not think you expect a manufacturer to say beat it if a customer comes in and is adamant about a certain design they are insistent upon obtaining. Last time I checked a lot of manufacturers duplicate the same gel scheme in a multitude of colors including Ultra:).

I still do not recall the boat you are referring yet my observation with respect to Howard Sportdecks is they are all unique to their particular owners tastes and preferences.

KAP

·
The Pool Bitch
4,236 Posts
Chumpchange:

Having said that--- if some other boat manufacturer copied our gel scheme it would be flattery but we would all know who designed it first;).

I do not think you expect a manufacturer to say beat it if a customer comes in and is adamant about a certain design they are insistent upon obtaining. Last time I checked a lot of manufacturers duplicate the same gel scheme in a multitude of colors including Ultra:).

I still do not recall the boat you are referring yet my observation with respect to Howard Sportdecks is they are all unique to their particular owners tastes and preferences.

KAP
KAP, what happened to "Comment:"? :D

·
Floatin dirty
4,831 Posts
Has the pricing come down at all for a nice Howard or are they still on the upper end of the scale? What is a nice 525 package Howard deck going at this time?

·
32 DW X-CAT
2,271 Posts
KAP, what happened to "Comment:"? :D
Well I started with a quote:D:D I can add it to make you feel right at home---laughing.

Has the pricing come down at all for a nice Howard or are they still on the upper end of the scale? What is a nice 525 package Howard deck going at this time?
Hey Marc:

Upper end of the scale on quality of build and value for the money.

As for price I would say all boat manufacturers are willing to take offers especially on products sitting in their shops;). The once rigid margins for boats is a thing of the past at least for now that is.

BTW---Beautiful party prowler enjoyed the write up and photos of your boat. Hope to see you on the water some time soon:D.

KAP

·
The Pool Bitch
4,236 Posts
Well I started with a quote:D:D I can add it to make you feel right at home---laughing.
KAP
Just giving you a hard time. You are one of the posters that usually has substance to their posts, and I look forward to reading them.

·
Hotboat Chupas
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Just giving you a hard time. You are one of the posters that usually has substance to their posts, and I look forward to reading them.

I wonder if KAP

COMMENT:

Can write a leter to my POS homeowners association. He is very politically correct. My words might not come out very well on paper. :(:(

·
Floatin dirty
4,831 Posts
Thanks Kap, I agree, you get what you pay for and the quality and finish of a Howard does not come cheap (like other well known custom builders). I am just dreaming I guess of seeing prices much lower across the spectrum. Just does not seem like the new nice customs are getting much cheaper at all in this troubled economy. Used prices have come way down. Even new car prices, someone was commenting that they are not dealing like he expected on a new car purchase. I guess if I was a builder, and things were getting tight that I would cut my profit margin significantly to draw in some more business.

·
"BOUGHT NOT BUILT"
8,077 Posts
Thanks Kap, I agree, you get what you pay for and the quality and finish of a Howard does not come cheap (like other well known custom builders). I am just dreaming I guess of seeing prices much lower across the spectrum. Just does not seem like the new nice customs are getting much cheaper at all in this troubled economy. Used prices have come way down. Even new car prices, someone was commenting that they are not dealing like he expected on a new car purchase. I guess if I was a builder, and things were getting tight that I would cut my profit margin significantly to draw in some more business.
do you know of any used howard deck boats anywhere?

·
Floatin dirty
4,831 Posts
No, but have not really researched it either via internet and other boat sights. That is one of their newest models in the line up so maybe it has not been around long enough to hit the used market. Owners are also probably very happy with the boat and keeping it longer rather then selling for a new model every few years. I have seen one or two on the Howard website previoulsy but no used decks there now.

·
"BOUGHT NOT BUILT"
8,077 Posts
The best we have seen is 66mph with 496HO. Our boat will be up for sale this summer 89,999.00 116hrs and every option they had in 2006 is on our boat.
so I guess the 09 at howard is a smok'n deal... I can't get my wife to fund the deal
so I guess we're out...

·
32 DW X-CAT
2,271 Posts
do you know of any used howard deck boats anywhere?
Comment:

Interesting you point this out 2Forceful I made the same comment to a person at the LA Boat show it is a great point to bring up. I know of at least three that were for sale due to divorce or financial difficulty. However, those three never made it to a classified sections. Turns out their friends who rode in the boat snapped them up with hardly a word said on a forum or classified section:).

Lavey29 wrote:
Owners are also probably very happy with the boat and keeping it longer rather then selling for a new model every few years.
Absolutely right on the money with that statement. You simply cannot get away from how versatile the boat is and the overall quality. We can run with the big boys and then bust out the table turn on the generator and listen to tunes all day long while floating around the boat and still get into triple digit speeds when we want too.

2Forceful I would agree with you completely the 2009 Howard Sportdeck in the photos is a smokin deal for anyone who wants a top of the line deckboat for a great price:). If I were a buyer in the market I would pick that hull up and put some monster power in it or a HP 600 and be done.

KAP

·
Boat Bling Distributor
1,163 Posts
I looked at that multi color red Sport Deck at the LA show "several times" man I thought long and hard about putting my power & drive in there but it's just not red enough for me:D Plus I LOVE my Bullet:)devil

41 - 60 of 82 Posts