Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
I got nothing
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the chance to head out to Howard this afternoon and took some pictures of customers boats in differing stages of construction.

Gorgeous deckboat

Front view...

Stunning 28 Bullet headed for Canada...

The swimstep of the same 28 Bullet. Notice the raised center of the normally straight swimstep. The reason for this is that this particular 28 is getting a Merc 700 w/NXT drive...

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Front view...

Stunning 28 Bullet headed for Canada...

The swimstep of the same 28 Bullet. Notice the raised center of the normally straight swimstep. The reason for this is that this particular 28 is getting a Merc 700 w/NXT drive...

OK the big question, how fast do you think the 28' will run with the 700.

Does it plan on having a cleaver?

·
HOT SAUCE HERE
726 Posts
OK the big question, how fast do you think the 28' will run with the 700.

Does it plan on having a cleaver?
Since the Merc600 runs 90, I'm guessing that the 700 will run real close to 100. With the CNC #6 prop (if it works for this hull), I bet it will run 102-103. High 90s to 100 with the bravo prop. Just a guess, I know nothing :)

Roln 20s

·
Floatin dirty
4,837 Posts
This will be really cool to follow up on due to the fact that I do not believe there is any other deck boat running a 700 NXT combo. I know the Lavey race boat picked up speed switching to the NXT drive with the 525 motor they run so I am very curious to see how it works with the Howard deck. Great looking boat and a cool choice in power.

·
New here
4,028 Posts
This will be really cool to follow up on due to the fact that I do not believe there is any other deck boat running a 700 NXT combo. I know the Lavey race boat picked up speed switching to the NXT drive with the 525 motor they run so I am very curious to see how it works with the Howard deck. Great looking boat and a cool choice in power.
I believe it's the Bullet that is getting the NXT/700 combo. Not the deck. Or, maybe both??

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
This will be really cool to follow up on due to the fact that I do not believe there is any other deck boat running a 700 NXT combo. I know the Lavey race boat picked up speed switching to the NXT drive with the 525 motor they run so I am very curious to see how it works with the Howard deck. Great looking boat and a cool choice in power.[/QUOTE
not sure what the deck is getting for power but i do know there is a 28' eliminator deck (new model) with a 700 and nxt. it ran low 90's with a maximus but that boat was real heavy. im sure the howard deck with a 700 would be a 100mph hour boat.

·
Floatin dirty
4,837 Posts
You guys are right, it is the V bottom that is getting the 700. I also did not know there was an eliminator already being tested with the 700/NXT. Although those motors are putting out more like 750 plus HP I have been told...

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
it will be interesting to see how the 28' bullet runs. I know hallet did a 29' with the nxt, first generation skeg made now for twin applications, and the boat did all sorts of funny things. Nordic has a boat built i believe with a 700 and nxt 29'-28' v-bottom, just was getting tested last couple of weeks. not sure what prop they were running but i know the boat was good for over 90mph right out of the box.

i think the bullet when dialed, is gonna be hard to beat with the 700 setup....:)devil

·
New here
4,028 Posts
You guys are right, it is the V bottom that is getting the 700. I also did not know there was an eliminator already being tested with the 700/NXT. Although those motors are putting out more like 750 plus HP I have been told...
They would have to be. 700 at the prop would take almost 800 at the crank.

·
32 DW X-CAT
2,266 Posts
Comment:

That is one beautiful deckboat gelcoat scheme and graphics are smokin hot. I will call Gene to get the details on that boat it is by far my second favorite gel coat design along with the choice of colors it is just super classy.

The 28 Bullet is also nice---However, I prefer the Bullets in solid colors with monster motors:D---got that David C.

KAP

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.