Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I got nothing
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, just received word from Mike and Gene at Howard that they were out doing some water testing on a Sportdeck with a Merc 700 and the NXT drive.

From what I understand, the boat planed out like a bravo drive, handled flawlessly and went 100mph on the rev limiter. Mike thinks it still has a few more mph in it.

This was achieved with 2 people and 2 tanks of gas that were both 1/2 to 3/4 full.

·
Member In Training
1,985 Posts
Great boat with a great setup... Just needs a windscreen/shield to hide behind at those speeds :happy:

·
Registered
344 Posts
I think its great to hear that people are still buying boats and that companies are surviving in this economy. Awesome boat too...:))THumbsUp

·
Registered
34 Posts
You got an excellent set up there,,,,,,,,Howards build the BEST Deck Boat on the market:))THumbsUp:))THumbsUp:))THumbsUp
Howard has got some serious competition with the new Nordic deckboat. It also runs in excess of 100MPH with the same setup, looks just as good and has windshields. Recent changes in there tooling department and the head of the rigging department have really stepped up there game.

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
The new Nordic 28 SS set a new class record at LOTO this past weekend with an official radar pass of 138 mph and GPS of 141 mph.

Great story behind the owner, Buck Stracener and friend Louie Marchese which will be released later. :))THumbsUp

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts