Performance Boats Forum banner

How'd I get this old?

969 views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  BK2DRVR 
#1 ·
Well, in a little more than a month from now I will turn 58 years old. My wife is retiring in September and wants me to also. We built a house in Havasu five years ago as a "weekend" home and now she wants to move there full time. RETIRE! Heck you gotta be old to retire. I'm not old, am I? I've been going to the river since I was eight. Had every kind of boat (4 of them now), muscle cars, sand drag cars, buggys, motorcycles, RZR, Jeep, etc. I still feel like I'm young. I still love my toys. Heck, I still want some more! If I retire, I feel like I'm just waiting to die. How did I get this old?

#4 ·
Heck with all those toys your lucky you got to be that old. I retired a 56 and like you I love my toys. I still Jet ski several times a week and we go the the sand dunes as much as possible during the cooler months. 58, you are not old and enjoy it while you can. I go the the VA once in a while and see some of the guys that go there that are my age or younger and am thank full for my health. Retire and enjoy!!!!!:):)

#7 ·
"Old"?

Well, in a little more than a month from now I will turn 58 years old. My wife is retiring in September and wants me to also. We built a house in Havasu five years ago as a "weekend" home and now she wants to move there full time. RETIRE! Heck you gotta be old to retire. I'm not old, am I? I've been going to the river since I was eight. Had every kind of boat (4 of them now), muscle cars, sand drag cars, buggys, motorcycles, RZR, Jeep, etc. I still feel like I'm young. I still love my toys. Heck, I still want some more! If I retire, I feel like I'm just waiting to die. How did I get this old?
You are only as old as your health and attitude allow. If you enjoy what you do, and have your health, I reccomend you continue to work. Maybe work a shorter week to allow more "play time". I retired at 65. I am now 68 and building my second street rod since retiring. I still enjoy boating, and retired to a beautiful lake in southern MO.

Dave:D:D

#12 ·
I was 50 last October and am disability retired a couple years ago.
I, to wonder how the heck I got here so darn fast.
Get out there and enjoy the life you have earned. Work a little if it gives you pleasure, but living life with the wife is where your focus needs to be, IMHO...

#14 ·
I went to the mall today in Brea.....That will make you feel old quick :)

I hate friggin' malls. Ended up buying a new pair of flip flops and that was it. Some lady grabbed me and try to sale me $100. worth of expoliating creams and washes. She was cute so I let her do her thing but wasn't going to buy anything. If nothing else she got to practice on me :) She knew the deal though.

#15 ·
I hope I'm writing this thread at 58. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.