Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Antique Member
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've spent all of my life working like a dog, to watch it all evaporate into thin air. 10 acres in the country, shop and all of the goodies to go with it. I sure am glad that my wife's retirement is better than what I have left. Hard to get up in the morning and walk down the hill to my "Business??". How is that "Hope and Change thing working out for the rest of you????? Anybody know the jail time for growing and selling illegal substances?? I have thousands of acres of Military land behind my house-wait a minute, cancel all of that, I think my trillion dollar stimulus check just arrived:p:p:p
Denis

Attachments

· Registered
214 Posts
Question

"Anybody know the jail time for growing and selling illegal substances??"

I believe Oakland just passed a law,last week, to impose a tax on "Pot Clubs"
Question: Where do the pot clubs buy from??

Just ask'n??

· Re-member
2,570 Posts
...In the Sonoma area there doesn't seem to be any penalty for growing.....At least it is minimally enforced......The reason,....The local economy depends on the money put back into it,...by the growers...

...In Butte County where I live,....if you have a perscription,...you can legally grow up to six plants......(Medical Marijuana)......I do not know if there is a size limititation on the plants???.......The local Sheriff likens it to the Gold Rush of 1849.....In other words,....people in significant numbers are moving to the area to grow......Some of these people branch out by simply growing more on neighboring properties.......

...I have a hundred acres to myself above Lake Oroville...Twenty seven of it is mine...I came home from a year long stint in Oklahoma to find the Sheriff looking up the side of my hill....I asked him what was up???............He said The Marijuana Eradication Team was about to do a flyover, as they believed Marijuana was being grown up there... I tried to work a deal with him, in that if they found any,....maybe we could all split the profits.....Not even a smile.....Woops:)bulb.............I got them to fly the whole hundred acres and they found nothing...

...I suppose there may be a certain romaticism to growing in this day and age,......but at some point along the line the criminal element enters into the picture........So, no thanks...

· Antique Member
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not a bad idea

With 10 acres you could open up a Nudist campground!!and get Rich by selling sunblock lol :D
Not a bad idea. I'll talk to the wife about that one. Right now though, we would cook em-probably more $$ in umbrellas.
Denis

· Distinguished Member
5,842 Posts
Denis, man sorry to hear about your troubles. My business is down 20% YTD compared to last year, but we're doing better than most. My wife's a high school counselor and her hours have been cut.... if she even still has a job. Where she's at right now, unemployment would pay better. I have a LOT of friends that are unemployed with nothing on the horizon.
Hang in there friend, tough times don't last, but tough people do.

· Antique Member
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tough all over

Denis, man sorry to hear about your troubles. My business is down 20% YTD compared to last year, but we're doing better than most. My wife's a high school counselor and her hours have been cut.... if she even still has a job. Where she's at right now, unemployment would pay better. I have a LOT of friends that are unemployed with nothing on the horizon.
Hang in there friend, tough times don't last, but tough people do.
Thanks David, I saw the writing on the wall during the recession of 91', and have paid cash for everything I bought since. If I had any payments right now on machinery or vehicles, I would be screwed. This is a good time for my shoulder surgery, which requires 3 months off-not doing anything anyway, so what the hell. I am building stock in case I get orders-my North Carolina distributor usually sells about 3-5K an month of my product, as he sells international, but I have only sold $650.00 to him in two months. Not a good sign. I could draw SS disability retirement right now, but it wouldn't pay enough for Kleenex to blow my nose. Worse case senario, we lock the hatches and ride it out on my wifes income-mine is down over 80%. A lot of people are loosing everything, as they were living on the two week reserve system-way over spent. No telling where this is all going, but life will never be the way it was-too much manufacturing has left the US and California inparticular. This is a tough state to do business in.
Glad you are only down 20%-that sounds doable. Good luck.
Denis

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.