Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
It's good to be alive
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO........ I am told there is a basic factor for what CFM carb flow you need per HP. It is something like 1.67 CFM/HP. The question is, this may be so for a 4 stroke V-8 but what about say a 2.0 liter 2 stroke? Save the bantering please. Thanks - Franky

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
I think you could google one up (carb cfm calculator) I think it's more like plug in, C.I.D. max rpms, and volummetric(sp) eficency.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
If you can find virtual engine calculator it will do it for you along with many other things!! If you send me your email I can attempt to get it to you. Let me know

·
It's good to be alive
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doing math for the 300 Franky? ;)

yeah, those whiney ass big block guys.....like 15 minutes was not enough they have to throw in the "if you want to use the good block (which I was already building) you have to use an obscure, hard to find tiney ass carb" It is like having a 454 with a two barrel....:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Geez, who makes this sh*t up?

Rant over

By the way, all my other boats have big blocks, two blown. This is my first outboard in 16 years.

·
It's good to be alive
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you can find virtual engine calculator it will do it for you along with many other things!! If you send me your email I can attempt to get it to you. Let me know
Thanks that would be great. What about the 2-stroke factor? I PM'd my e-mail

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
By the way, all my other boats have big blocks, two blown. This is my first outboard in 16 years.
The outboard guys don't know the answer ? It's my understanding that it is real hard to overcarb a two-stroke. Is this a high HP engine or a cruiser and what rpm range are you looking to run it ?

I'll ask a couple of my "smart" friends tomorrow.

Sleeper CP :D

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
I'm not sure about the 2 stroke thing but I did send it to you. It's pretty interesting can even figure out your credit card payment!!:D

·
Banned
1,263 Posts
I'd talk to the 2 stroke guru's since they are hard to understand for the 4cycle guys like me. I own 2 stroke's (snowmobile's) but I don't understand them near enough to do what I do with 4 strokes.

Remember, a 2 stroke pulls in air/fuel, combusts, exhausts every rotation of the crank vs every other like a 4 stroke.

Just the fact that they use the exhaust as an intake supply too, just completely freakin baffles me. LOL.

See pic:

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts