Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This seems like an appropriate place to post this project.

One of my customers purchased a gorgeous Ultra 27 Shadow in 2007 with a 525. After one season he has decided to upgrade to a TPI 848 efi. We all want to go faster:) I am confident this will satisfy his desire.

Anyway, this seemed like a "safe" place to post some pics of the transformation, since I am doing the work and this is "Performance Boats Magazine" right? I thought the pics would be interesting and the swap would make for a good positive forum topic.

Boat: 2007 Ultra 27 Shadow

Current Drive: Stock XR 1.50 GR

Prop: 28 Lab

Stereo: :) Mega huge heavy pounding with like 57 speakers(joking,,,,,I think 20 speakers)

Here are a few pics................................enjoy

Attachments

·
Ultra 27 Shadow
1,870 Posts
Gary coming along nicely. I am sure Adam is going to be more than happy. I spoke with him today. Sounds like you got the dash thing figured out. If you need anymore pics to reference let me know.

Mike

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Mike,

Just curious,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,are you running any kind of "spacer extension" attached to your wheel to get your steering wheel closer to you, or is it just the stainless tilt helm assembly.

Thanks again for the pics,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Your boat looks really nice.

·
Ultra 27 Shadow
1,870 Posts
Thanks Mike,

Just curious,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,are you running any kind of "spacer extension" attached to your wheel to get your steering wheel closer to you, or is it just the stainless tilt helm assembly.

Thanks for the compliments. I am running the standard stainless tilt helm. Before they did interior I sat in the boat though and measured where I wanted seat placement. I am not 100% positive how close Adam's is to mine.

Mike

·
Ultra 27 Shadow
1,870 Posts
Thanks Mike,

Gary:

Check your e-mail. Pic sent.

Mike

·
32 DW X-CAT
2,271 Posts
Congratulations Adam:

The red gel with polished TPI848 is a beautiful combination:). I cannot begin to tell you how much you will love this power plant in your boat.

Plus, Mr. Taylor is rigging it so it will be absolutely tight and showroom quality upon inspection and review:)devil.

We appreciate the photos and hope to see more as the work progresses.

Very truly yours,

KAP

·
Distinguished Member
412 Posts
Congrats Adam!

Gary once again, a beautiful installation. When can we expect some numbers?:D

Cheers,

----Rob

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
probably in February........................

Adam and I will be headed to Havasu for a couple days to get familiar with the new set up.

·
Ultra 27 Shadow
1,870 Posts
I think I saw this pone at the boat show last year...or somewhere??

What drive modification is being made?
Yeah it was at the show. We boat with Adam allthe time in the summer. You have probably seen it running out of Jack Smith. They are doing a Max Machine Worx drive.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was hoping at some point, the owner(Adam) of this boat would post some good pics of the entire boat. It is one of the best looking boats I have seen. The Gel is really nice,,,,,,,,,,,,,although, if it was 12 noon in Havasu and 120 degrees at the Windsor launchramp, I would not want to have to wipe it down, after a morning of use:)

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
Gary- I will post some pics when I get back in the office this afternoon. As for now I better get to work so I can pay for that 848:)

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Motor looks good, did you have cmi make solid 1 piece tales for the 848 or did you use cmi exhaust tails going to a rubber hose junction like the 525efi has?
Thanks, Cam-shaft.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Motor looks good, did you have cmi make solid 1 piece tales for the 848 or did you use cmi exhaust tails going to a rubber hose junction like the 525efi has?
Thanks, Cam-shaft.

Actually,

IMCO is making us a fully polished set of a very nice "S" pipes with a nice contour to them. They will tie into his current tail thats bolted to the transom and be connected with a short rubber hose. The one piece tail with an integrated gatlin muffler is also another alternative that works great and looks really nice.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
More pics. With the addition of the supercharged motor, new gauges are added:

Mechanical Fuel Pressure, , Mechanical Oil Pressure, Mechanical Water Pressure, Boost/Vacuum, and Oil Temp.
The boat also went from a single ram Hydraulic assist rack helm to a Full hydraulic dual ram set up from IMCO, including a full tilt stainless helm. All of the fuel hoses were changed to dash 10 so the flow to the new motor will not be an issue. Its about ready to go. Some tails, interior mods, and a good detail/wax and it will be ready:)

Attachments

·
Ultra 27 Shadow
1,870 Posts
Coming along real nice. I am anxious to see it run. Looks like Adam is going to have to get a new GPS Speedo though, 100 is not gonna be enough:)bulb:D

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I was thinking about that:) ,,,,,,,,,,,I personally have seen mine go beyond the max of 120 mph,,,,,and it is a pretty cool feeling.

The boat is real close to being finished. I am sure Adam is very anxious to take it out. It won't be long.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts