Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been lurkin here a while but finally registered.

I've been lookin at a 97 htm sr 24 with twin outboards (225 pro max's). I'm sure some of you know the boat, all white. I've heard mixed stories about an htm with outboards. Some tell me it's a death trap, but others have told me it's a sweet boat.

Does anyone have any input good or bad on htms in general, or on this particular boat if you know it?

Thanks for any help guys,
Jeff

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's the one. Anyone know the boat? I can't get him to send me more pics of it. It's a long drive for me to find out it's a pos.

It's had like 4 owners in the last year.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Btw dschifan, I love ur setup. I have a white truck, and want my setup to look like yours.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That makes me want that htm even more! The blue graphics on it are vinyl so I can peel them off.

My concerns with the boat:
At one time it had one cle and one fishin lower. I'm not sure what's on it now. Also cale at htm told me they replaced a powerhead on it for that owner, but didn't know if it was new or used, and I found a thread of him tryin to buy a 2.5 200, so I'm not even sure they are both 225's.
The owner that has it now knows nothing about it. He used it once and said it needs new props, but that's about all he could tell me. He has only had it for 3 months or so, and he is the third owner this year.

Jeff

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does anyone know where this boat wound up at? It ended up at a carlot in Mesa and then sold finally about 2 weeks ago. Im just curious...

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lol yeah, the guy that put them on told me "I have XX$$ in the graphics on it, so Id like to recoup that too" I told him "eh, well I was gonna peel all of your star wars galactica crap off anyhow, so that doesnt mean a thing to me...."

Id like to find the current owner because one thing always drove me nuts. I didnt buy the boat because Im 99% sure it had one 200 and one 225, and the day my cousin was headed to mesa to check it out for me it sold so I never found out....

·
C Ya on da lake
6,991 Posts
Lol yeah, the guy that put them on told me "I have XX$$ in the graphics on it, so Id like to recoup that too" I told him "eh, well I was gonna peel all of your star wars galactica crap off anyhow, so that doesnt mean a thing to me...."

Id like to find the current owner because one thing always drove me nuts. I didnt buy the boat because Im 99% sure it had one 200 and one 225, and the day my cousin was headed to mesa to check it out for me it sold so I never found out....
i think you are better off without it... dont loose any sleep...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I guess its more of a wanting to prove somebody wrong than anything. I was "guaranteed" by the car dealership that it had twin 225's, but I'm pretty dang sure it did not.

Oh well...Just curious is all.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There is a killer deal in the spam section for a DCB with twins. Might be a much better boat for you.
Which one? The one in Oregon?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts