Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I beleive this is addition to local fines, these are just the State of CA fines tacked on top! BPI

Subject: Important Notice: HUGE California Traffic Tickets Fines Effective 01/06/2012

Please be extremely careful in your driving and car registration & insurance matters. State of California is broke and they are trying hard to squeeze all of us hard to collect money. Effective immediately, if you do not stop at the red light, be ready to pay $436 in fines or if you pass a school bus with flashing red signals, you will be charged $616. The state of California is going for blood, so be extra careful in driving, You cannot afford messing with them. I have been hearing that Highway Patrols are under pressure to issue a lot more tickets than last year with at least 30% increase in fines over 2009, so beware of radar guns, highway and traffic cameras installed everywhere and the tougher enforcement of parking rules.

Just for your info, the next time you park in the handicapped zone, even for a minute, you will be looking at almost $ 1000 in parking tickets, so it'd better be worth it.

Traffic Ticket Fines (Effective 01/06/2012)

VC 12814.6 $214 Failure to obey license provisions.

VC 14600(A) $214 Failure to notify DMV of address change within 10 days Note: The fine may be reduced with valid proof of correction.

VC 16028(A) $796 Failure to provide evidence of financial responsibility (insurance)

Note: This fine may be reduced with proof of insurance on or after the violation date.

VC 21453(A) $436 Failure to stop at a red signal.

VC 22349 $214 Unsafe speed, 1 to 15 miles over the limit.

VC 22350 $328 Unsafe speed, 16 to 25 miles over the limit.

VC 22450 $214 Failure to stop at a stop sign.

VC 22454(A) $616 Passing a school bus with flashing red signals.

VC 23123(A) $148 Driving while using a wireless phone not hands free, first offense.

VC 23123(B) $256 Driving while using a wireless phone not hands not free, each

Subsequent offense.

VC 23123.5 $148
Driving while using a wireless device to send, read or write text.

VC 23124 $148 Minor driving while using a wireless phone.

VC 22500 $976 Parking in a bus loading area.

VC 22507(A) $976 Violation of disabled parking provisions, first offense.

VC 22507(B) $1876 Violation of disabled parking provisions, second offense.

VC 26708 $178 Unlawful material on vehicle windows.

VC 27150 $178 Adequate muffler required.

VC 27315 $148 Mandatory use of seat belts.

VC 27360 $436 Mandatory use of passenger child restraints.
Note: This fine may be reduced by completing a court authorized child seat diversion program.

VC 27400 $178 Headsets or Earplugs covering both ears.

VC 27803 $178 Violation of motorcycle safety helmet requirements.

VC 34506 $616 Commercial Driver - Log book violation.

VC 4000 $256 No evidence of current registration.
Note: The fine may be reduced with valid proof of correction.

VC 4159 $178 Notify DMV of change of address within 10 days.

VC 5200 $178 Proper display of license plates.
Note: The fine may be r educed with valid proof of correction.

VC 9400 $178 Commercial weight fees due.
Note: The fine may be reduced with valid proof of correction

·
Registered
145 Posts
fines

Its been this way for a while at least 2 years the state of cali is out of control and no one cares! The bigger problem is when you get to court you could easily be there the entire day depending on the court load. You are required to be there at 8 oclock and 95% of the time the judge doesnt get into court until 9 or 9 30 its out of control.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Coming home from Shasta last year towing down I-5, get pulled over by a CHP commerical cited for 65 while towing (CA law 55 towing ). Fine from Tehama Co. was $ 502.00 for a simple misdemeanor.

Mean time one of our elected officals is arrested for grand theft ( a felony ), gets probation and $ 180.00 fine. Am I the only one who feels there is really something rotten in the court systems, when this type of discrepancy is rampant?

Court systems trying to do the work of the legislature by balancing the budget on the sweat of the blue collar crowd.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I beleive this is addition to local fines, these are just the State of CA fines tacked on top! BPI

Subject: Important Notice: HUGE California Traffic Tickets Fines Effective 01/06/2012

Please be extremely careful in your driving and car registration & insurance matters. State of California is broke and they are trying hard to squeeze all of us hard to collect money. Effective immediately, if you do not stop at the red light, be ready to pay $436 in fines or if you pass a school bus with flashing red signals, you will be charged $616. The state of California is going for blood, so be extra careful in driving, You cannot afford messing with them. I have been hearing that Highway Patrols are under pressure to issue a lot more tickets than last year with at least 30% increase in fines over 2009, so beware of radar guns, highway and traffic cameras installed everywhere and the tougher enforcement of parking rules.

Just for your info, the next time you park in the handicapped zone, even for a minute, you will be looking at almost $ 1000 in parking tickets, so it'd better be worth it.

Traffic Ticket Fines (Effective 01/06/2012)

VC 12814.6 $214 Failure to obey license provisions.

VC 14600(A) $214 Failure to notify DMV of address change within 10 days Note: The fine may be reduced with valid proof of correction.

VC 16028(A) $796 Failure to provide evidence of financial responsibility (insurance)

Note: This fine may be reduced with proof of insurance on or after the violation date.

VC 21453(A) $436 Failure to stop at a red signal.

VC 22349 $214 Unsafe speed, 1 to 15 miles over the limit.

VC 22350 $328 Unsafe speed, 16 to 25 miles over the limit.

VC 22450 $214 Failure to stop at a stop sign.

VC 22454(A) $616 Passing a school bus with flashing red signals.

VC 23123(A) $148 Driving while using a wireless phone not hands free, first offense.

VC 23123(B) $256 Driving while using a wireless phone not hands not free, each

Subsequent offense.

VC 23123.5 $148
Driving while using a wireless device to send, read or write text.

VC 23124 $148 Minor driving while using a wireless phone.

VC 22500 $976 Parking in a bus loading area.

VC 22507(A) $976 Violation of disabled parking provisions, first offense.

VC 22507(B) $1876 Violation of disabled parking provisions, second offense.

VC 26708 $178 Unlawful material on vehicle windows.

VC 27150 $178 Adequate muffler required.

VC 27315 $148 Mandatory use of seat belts.

VC 27360 $436 Mandatory use of passenger child restraints.
Note: This fine may be reduced by completing a court authorized child seat diversion program.

VC 27400 $178 Headsets or Earplugs covering both ears.

VC 27803 $178 Violation of motorcycle safety helmet requirements.

VC 34506 $616 Commercial Driver - Log book violation.

VC 4000 $256 No evidence of current registration.

VC 4159 $178 Notify DMV of change of address within 10 days.

VC 5200 $178 Proper display of license plates.
Note: The fine may be r educed with valid proof of correction.

VC 9400 $178 Commercial weight fees due.
Note: The fine may be reduced with valid proof of correction

These laws pertain to legal drivers only.

·
Registered
917 Posts
WARNING to law abiding drivers! I got pulled over and written for cell phone to my left ear even though I wasn't even on the phone at the time, my left hand was broken and I had my bluetooth ear piece in.

I showed the officer my bluetooth, my broken left hand and that my phone was in its dashboard holder and plugged into the charger. he still wrote me up.

I did a trial by declaration and sent in my cell phone bill showing that I hadn't been on my phone for over two hours prior to the stop, the doctor's report from the evening before the ticket showing my hand x-rays and photos of the bluetooth. They didn't care and ssaid guilty anyway.

So watch out! They can give you a ticket for anything and there is nothing you can do about it.

The worst thing is, I have several friends that are LEO's. All of them said to just send in my cell phone bill. No I don't trust any more cops. If I see one I avoid them as best as I can. And worst of all, if I saw a LEO in distress I would now think twice about helping where as before I wouldn't have.

Of course the LEO was CHP and my LEO buddys say they aren't real cops anyway!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Of course the LEO was CHP and my LEO buddys say they aren't real cops anyway!
And they would be correct, if you ever have the misfortune of having to speak to one again, check out the badge that the highway revenue officers is wearing. Plainly states "traffic officer".

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Thanks for the list of fines BoatPI. I got one of the red light camera tickets and it was crazy expensive, I can't remember as I've tried to block out that part of my memory.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Thanks for the list of fines BoatPI. I got one of the red light camera tickets and it was crazy expensive, I can't remember as I've tried to block out that part of my memory.
Son received one last year. It was a no right turn on red. Camera caught him. $476 :wtf:

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Another reason why I avoid that Commie State!!!!:))ThumbsDwn Among another 10000000000000 reasons. Oh I'm sorry I forgot it is all about safety,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,NOT!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
This affects California drivers. hope you can read the print. Came out of yesterdays paper in the Inland Empire.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,281 Posts

This law is very funny indeed! Guy across the street has been living here going on two years and still has AZ tags on his two vehicles.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I got 2 tickets last year first one in 11 years was for 82 in a 65 fine was 380 bucks.Yup guilty wrong timing i guess i should have looked better for parked chp..

2nd i was towing toyhauler and in the right 2 lanes like i am suppose to be,Well chp chick thought i was in the 3rd lane from right she cited me and said if i dont like it then fight it.Well we all know how that goes definitely should have not got that one but if the officer thinks then you are toast.Did trial by declaration showed pics of the lanes and area,etc they respond you lose plain and simple.

·
I'm famous !
7,043 Posts
Fuck it.. Im takin mass trasit and going on welfare.....40oz to freedom

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
I got 2 tickets last year first one in 11 years was for 82 in a 65 fine was 380 bucks.Yup guilty wrong timing i guess i should have looked better for parked chp..

2nd i was towing toyhauler and in the right 2 lanes like i am suppose to be,Well chp chick thought i was in the 3rd lane from right she cited me and said if i dont like it then fight it.Well we all know how that goes definitely should have not got that one but if the officer thinks then you are toast.Did trial by declaration showed pics of the lanes and area,etc they respond you lose plain and simple.
And you still lost even though you were 100% legal?

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Its been this way for a while at least 2 years the state of cali is out of control and no one cares! The bigger problem is when you get to court you could easily be there the entire day depending on the court load. You are required to be there at 8 oclock and 95% of the time the judge doesnt get into court until 9 or 9 30 its out of control.
Yep, Your almost lucky if you get called before lunch. If not you get to come back at 1pm. Hundreds of dollars and and almost a full day of work gone. If your lucky and get a cool judge they will reduce the fine if you make up a "I lost my job and dont have the money" story. Try to dress jobless too. :)

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Wife got a no front license plate ticket at the park and ride lot in Brea, freaking bullchit.:((((((
My mom told me she got one in Montclair a few weeks ago. Crap!

This law is very funny indeed! Guy across the street has been living here going on two years and still has AZ tags on his two vehicles.
I waited two years before changing my Costa Mesa address. Only reason I finally did was when my renewal came. I was pulled over a few times and when they asked if it was my current address, I just said yes. How are they going to know?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts