Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Ah..'no brainer' that would be bo bo, right?
Much better to hook up with Canada than any other country that i can think of.
They have a stable government, comparable standard of living.....
Bo bo wont go for it, and he will have the stupidest reason...
Like 'oh my no, what happens if it leaks"......

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
Oh no! We can't do this!!! It will kill all the electric and hybrid car sales!!! :)sphss

·
Huntington Beach Havasu
2,092 Posts
Who will buy? Another Country?
In the process, BP will reshape California's energy landscape, where Arco for decades has vied with Chevron Corp. for the top spot in fuel retailing and refining.
"They are selling their 800-pound gorilla," said Charles Langley, senior gasoline analyst at the Utility Consumers Action Network in San Diego. "It will be interesting to see who regulators will allow to buy it because there are almost no current players in the California refining market who could buy it without dominating the market completely."
At the 630-acre Carson refinery, about 1,200 employees and 500 contractors process 265,000 barrels of oil a day into gasoline, diesel, jet fuel and petroleum coke, supplying about 25% of Los Angeles' gasoline demand, said BP, which bought Arco in 2000. The refinery also supplies Arizona and Nevada.
BP said it expected to get at least $4.4 billion for the refineries, which represent about 28% of its global refining capacity, and the Los Angeles marketing operations. Sales are anticipated to be wrapped up by the end of 2012, the company said.
Langley expressed concern about what the planned sale would mean for motorists.
"Only if we get a new player buying this refinery could it be good for consumers," he said. "We used to have 21 refineries. Now we have 10 refineries owned by seven companies, and we've already seen consolidation that is anticompetitive."
Also Tuesday, BP posted a 30% increase in fourth-quarter profit to $5.57 billion and said it would resume paying a quarterly dividend, which the British energy company had suspended after the gulf disaster. At 7 cents a share, the dividend for the fourth quarter is half the old dividend, but the company said it intended to boost the payout as finances improved.
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Hmm, if the oil company wants it and will pay for it, no brainer, approve it.
Does it need to go all the way to TX, when we are drilling for oil in the Gulf, and already have wells in TX?
Isn't it safer than transport any other way, esp by ship. A pipeline has valves, right? You can close them if there is a spill.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Come on now... Paid for by the oil company, double the oil already coming from Canada and put 342,000 people to work?

Theres no way he will approve it, it would do to much for the USA! :dumb_ass:

·
Registered
235 Posts
I doubt O will approve it but......considering how long the U.S. has paid for an umbrella of defense over Canada for several decades, I would think we deserve a discount on the oil if it does get here.

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
You're kidding, right?

What in the world will Soros do with all that Brazilian oil if we could actually buy enough North American oil? Soros has invested 2 BILLION in Brazilian oil developement, and obama is pretty much at his beck and call....Why do you think obama shut down the Gulf, twice, even after a Federal Judge said he couldn't?....
Ray

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Hmm, if the oil company wants it and will pay for it, no brainer, approve it.
Does it need to go all the way to TX, when we are drilling for oil in the Gulf, and already have wells in TX?
Isn't it safer than transport any other way, esp by ship. A pipeline has valves, right? You can close them if there is a spill.
Aren't most of the refineries in TX??

·
Huntington Beach Havasu
2,092 Posts
There is a huge refinery up in the bay area of California. I am not sure how big it is but it looks much bigger than the Carson Arco site.

U

·
0 Posts
There is a huge refinery up in the bay area of California. I am not sure how big it is but it looks much bigger than the Carson Arco site.
This is true. Seems crazy to run a pipeline all the way to TX

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
What in the world will Soros do with all that Brazilian oil if we could actually buy enough North American oil? Soros has invested 2 BILLION in Brazilian oil developement, and obama is pretty much at his beck and call....Why do you think obama shut down the Gulf, twice, even after a Federal Judge said he couldn't?....
Ray
Wnner winner, chicken dinner!!

This is true. Seems crazy to run a pipeline all the way to TX
Um TAXES!! Same reason any domestic, or international, endeavor would spend more to avoid dealing in CA. Think LONG TERM costs and returns.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The big picture is the new North American Security perimeter, that will make industry like Canadian oil defacto domestic American under the signed last Friday agreement. In short Harper and Obama have reopened the Security and Prosperity Partnership agreement but dropped Mexico. This will lead into beyond the current free trade and make goods including oil produced in Canada, just like things made in America. Next will be people and open land border between Canada and the United States. A union simular to Europe. Than Mexico will be revisited and brought into this. It will make things easier infrastructure wise to eventually have one world government that Soros wants!!!!!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I doubt O will approve it but......considering how long the U.S. has paid for an umbrella of defense over Canada for several decades, I would think we deserve a discount on the oil if it does get here.
As part of the new security perimeter being built around the United States and Canada. We have joint law enforcement on the water all ready. Things are in the works to bring this program into land based operations soon! My cousin is in the RCMP and recently spent 6 months training/working with the U.S Border Patrol in Arizona. Info on the marine program here:

Ottawa trumpets border-security model of joint marine patrol - The Globe and Mail

We also have a simular program for land based civil military defense that has been called land based NORAD.

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
I'm thinking we'll soon see a "MORATORIUM" on pipeline construction just like our drilling moratorium in the gulf. It would prove to be another win-win situation for America and we simply can't have any more of that under this administration.

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Now I know why the Koch brothers who are the billionaire pipeline company owners who invented and funded the Tea Party got into creating this so called "grass roots movement". Simply a clever and ambitious move to stack the congress with their stooges. Own enough stooge congressman and bingo you get the huge new Canada / USA pipeline approved and the contacts worth billions! They should have called their new front party the Tar Party... hil:) Mark my words, this is what it is all about. Sorry Teabaggers but you've been duped and used by Corporate Fascists Koch Inc. waving the constitution in your honest, hopeful, but simpleton faces. Time to go home and put away the funny hats and stupid signs. Don't continue to be useful idiots any longer. :cry:

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Now I know why the Koch brothers who are the billionaire pipeline company owners who invented and funded the Tea Party got into creating this so called "grass roots movement". Simply a clever and ambitious move to stack the congress with their stooges. Own enough stooge congressman and bingo you get the huge new Canada / USA pipeline approved and the contacts worth billions! They should have called their new front party the Tar Party... hil:) Mark my words, this is what it is all about. Sorry Teabaggers but you've been duped and used by Corporate Fascists Koch Inc. waving the constitution in your honest, hopeful, but simpleton faces. Time to go home and put away the funny hats and stupid signs. Don't continue to be useful idiots any longer. :cry:
You American Hating RATs started the TEA Party!!! YOU Communist RATS DID !! Thats right you and Your sponsor George Soros Another shitbag America Hater ,This has to be stopped and people are being elected that will follow our Constitution,The fact you guys were stupid enough to even vote for the Chimpster speaks volumes about your sanity here,Liberals/Progressives/Communists are out to destroy this country,That is where the Tea party comes in. Koch Brothers have nothing to do with the Taxed Enough Already ,Crowd now back to your Bong!

BTW Did the Koch Brothers ever have to flee a country for tanking the Currency?? Or how about Economic Terrorism Charges in a Asian country Your Benefactor Soros Did!!BTW Putin would love to get his hands on him as well for playing with the Ruble.

FYI the Koch Brothers Employ 80,000 people,While Rats destroy things and Take Peoples money.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts