Performance Boats Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Team CJ460
2,191 Posts
Sky Harbor,

If you are seriously interested in a Circle boat, just sit back and wait until one of the guys in here point you in the right direction of one. Morg on the boards has a Revenge for sale that is a bad ass piece. There are great boats for sale right now that will be posted up for you.

Tony
and hopefully the pocket book to back it too

·
Team CJ460
2,191 Posts
I havent got a clue! All I know is I owned the one Kurtis Kraft that got stolen before I even got it on the water. I have heard of Sanger, Biesemeyer but none of the rest mentioned above. I would be looking for something without a engine for now and even a project boat.

Joe
you should go to the next v-drive reggatta at irvine lake

·
Registered
1,840 Posts

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Morq,

Your boat is extremely nice but this thread started out about me trying to figure out which hull designs work for the various forms of use.

I ended up looking around these sites looking for answers to gain general knowledge. Some guys asked what I would like to potentially use it for if I did want to compete. I did find the exact class I would like to compete in if I were to compete. That would be Nostalgia Flat. So if anyone has hulls to look for and I am NOT looking for something as nice as Morq has. I am someone that likes to make the end product not buy it. His boat is awesome but not something I want to afford.

Thanks,

Joe

·
Banned
1,517 Posts
take a look at vdriveboat.com

·
Registered
242 Posts
Sky Harbor,

It sounds like you are trying to find your identity. You can't seem to figure out if you are a Drag boat guy or a circle boat guy. Here is a list of questions to help you decide. Please answer each question honestly and We will be able to determine from there which category you fall into.

1)When you are gettin it on with your chick (or dude if your quickjet), do you like to go for an hour or go for 4 minutes?

2) Does your toilet paper roll from the front or the back?

3) Does this picture

A) repulse you
B) kinda do it for you
C) A little of both

4. Does this picture

A) As (David 519 would say) make your naughty parts tingle?
B) Make you throw up in your mouth
C) Both

5. Does this picture

A) Make you want to toss your lunch?
B)Make you want to chew a bag of skittles
C) Call Billy B instantly
D) All of the above

6. Do you think this is sexy

7. Are you ok working with copious amounts of Anti Seize?

8. If you and Maximus went camping, and you woke up one morning with your back door violated would you report it to anyone?

yes no

9.What is your take on Jetboats?

10. Have you ever sported an outfit like this one

Please answer all questions.
LMFAO !!!!!hil:)hil:)hil:)

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
I love Sangers and have two of them. You can check them out in the albums section including the progression of restoring the Picklefork.
I go on these websites all the time as well.

www.dragboats.com
www.dragboatcity.com
www.dragboatalley.com

My Sanger Circle Runner is set up as a drag boat. I bought it because I liked it and not due to a lot of research. It goes faster than I've taken it to this point and it turns quite well in my opinion. It does turn better to the right than the left like the circle boats do because of the engine orientation. It also has two 11 gallon tanks which a pure drag oat wouldn't have but the guy I bought it from used it in the Delta and needed to carry more fuel.

Good luck!

Bill

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,098 Posts
The engines on a drag boat run flywheel forward. The dragboats are visually different in the runnerbottom back with the split cavitation plates. Most of the real race circle boats have the turnbuckles doubled up in the center, making 10 total on a flat plate across the back.
Wannabe,

What engine is in that boat ?

Tony... Great post btw. You trying to start another fight at the boat rack? ;)

Skyharbor was just asking questions about jet pumps the other day...and now it looks like he's headed to the dark side ...

Sleeper CP :D

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I'm thinking something in between would suit his needs best. I know Sanger and Hondo, and I 'm sure others, made a gullwing bottom, I think it may have been refered to as a sprint bottom as well? If some of you with more knowledge than myself could elaborate on these a few of us could further our education. Thanks! P.S. here's a few pics of a 76 Hondo T-deck gullwing bottom I sold years ago and regret.

Attachments

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,098 Posts
it was at the bike rack, not the boat rack ya goof...:rolleyes: ford guys:)hammers
Damn gears skipped a cog between the brain and the fingers...:(

I must be getting old ;)

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Skyharbor was just asking questions about jet pumps the other day...and now it looks like he's headed to the dark side ...

That is because I already own a Jet Boat and again I like to gain knowledge! If I were to own a race boat it would be a lot cheaper for me to get to 80 MPH in a Flat Bottom and with so many "Project Boats" out there for sale right now the time might be right to pick up a Flat Bottom.

Joe

·
Village Idiot
3,560 Posts
Wannabe,

What engine is in that boat ?

Well I am not Wannabe, but since I am his brother and built the boat with him I figure I can answer this question. It is just an all iron SBC. It is a whopping 330+ CI and has run the boat to 88 MPH. There is nothing really special about it. It is a pump gas deal that does have a roller cam. Feel free to PM me or Buzzz (Wannabe) if you have any questions.

SkyHarborCowboy, If I were in your shoes (looking to build a fun boat that could be very usable in the Nostalgia class) I might look for a Riviera, Barron Sprint or a Hondo Sprint (I think that is the name of the Hondo, my brain is having a glitch right now). They all have bottoms that were designed for circle racing but just did not seem to be the "Hot Ticket" like the Biesemeyer design was. If you could get a B-boat that would be cool, but for average guys like you and me, we may not be able to notice the difference between them. The things I would specifically be looking for is hull condition, boat setup and the quality and materials used for the hardware. Anyway, that is just my opinion (which isn't worth much to some). I am just a Wannabe™ anyway.

Paul

·
Speedy Member
6,785 Posts
Paul, how was Christmas for the Giant Household? Hope you guys had a Merry Christmas and thank you for a year of great pictures.

Tony

·
Village Idiot
3,560 Posts
Paul, how was Christmas for the Giant Household? Hope you guys had a Merry Christmas and thank you for a year of great pictures.

Tony
Christmas was great. The whole fam-damaly got together (all five of my brothers and sisters) with all of their kids so things have been crazy. I hope all was wonderful for you and your loved ones. Now we just need to make it through New Years and we can get back to our regularly scheduled stupidity.

Have a Happy New Year Guys and Girls.

Paul

·
CAT Skinner
157 Posts
Well I am not Wannabe, but since I am his brother and built the boat with him I figure I can answer this question. It is just an all iron SBC. It is a whopping 330+ CI and has run the boat to 88 MPH. There is nothing really special about it. It is a pump gas deal that does have a roller cam. Feel free to PM me or Buzzz (Wannabe) if you have any questions.

SkyHarborCowboy, If I were in your shoes (looking to build a fun boat that could be very usable in the Nostalgia class) I might look for a Riviera, Barron Sprint or a Hondo Sprint (I think that is the name of the Hondo, my brain is having a glitch right now). They all have bottoms that were designed for circle racing but just did not seem to be the "Hot Ticket" like the Biesemeyer design was. If you could get a B-boat that would be cool, but for average guys like you and me, we may not be able to notice the difference between them. The things I would specifically be looking for is hull condition, boat setup and the quality and materials used for the hardware. Anyway, that is just my opinion (which isn't worth much to some). I am just a Wannabe™ anyway.

Paul
Paul, You left out Rayson LP and Aquacraft Shark Hulls for nostalgia.

As Paul says, Pay the most attention to condition and setup. There are a ton of boats on the market right now. Be very picky. I believe Mouzer takes requests.

·
Village Idiot
3,560 Posts
Paul, You left out Rayson LP and Aquacraft Shark Hulls for nostalgia.
Kurt, you are right as those are nice hulls too. The one thing about those two hulls is they are usually on the heavy side (heavy meaning that they are tanks) which is nice for a lake boat that might see some rough water every now and then. They are definitely very capable of being safe and fun at 80+ MPH as long as they are built right. Your LP is a perfect example of that. I can't wait to see your boat on the water.

Paul

·
WHERE I AM IDAHO
925 Posts
hi i have a raysoncraft lp it is a great boat. i just started racing it last year nostalgia drags has a blown 392 hemi in it, everyone talks about a heavy boat when you going over a 100 mph it rides fine i just need someone to give me some tips on racing beeing that im a ROOKIE but everyone has to start sometime. im 45 years old and finally had enough to build an engine and get a boat so off we go , i hope alot of you vetrans can help the both of us out seeing you were in our shoes at one point in time so here i go.:)hand 392 blown injected gas 392 hemi, 18 lp raysoncraft .casale 10 degree 25 gears whiraway ron hill carry prop im doing a couple of things with bergeron marine but give us some hints thanks dale p

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I just need someone to give me some tips on racing beeing that im a ROOKIE but everyone has to start sometime. im 45 years old and finally had enough to build an engine and get a boat so off we go , i hope alot of you vetrans can help the both of us out seeing you were in our shoes at one point in time so here i go.
Dale,

Hopefully someone will step up to the plate and offer you their help! It would be great to see some photos of you boat.

Joe

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Are the Rayson and Aquashark more of a Drag or Circle Boat Hulls?

Joe

21 - 40 of 44 Posts