Performance Boats Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
WHERE I AM IDAHO
925 Posts
ill get some up soon, im in the process of sanding it down to repaint so it will be ugly. i would like to see alot more raysoncraft pictures out there, i think they are a boat that alot of people have forgotten about how great they really are and you very rarely see them at events.. i guess alot of them have been destroyed for one reason or another when ever i go to an event or out to practice people swarm the boat i dont know if its the boat or the hemi.....its the hemi.:)hand

·
Registered
461 Posts
Are the Rayson and Aquashark more of a Drag or Circle Boat Hulls?

Joe
Originally built for circle racing. But out dated now, actually since the mid 70's when Beismeyers started to come into there own. Commonly referred to as a b-boat are the varied copies of Beismeyers. Revenge, D'Cucci, Canary, Temptation are all copies of a Beismeyer with there own changes.

Brian

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a couple of questions about the various flat/runner bottom designs out there. I ownly know generalities so if anyone can clue me into what would be the best type of hull for me to be on the look for I would appreciate it. I had a Kurtis Kraft that I bought from Mike "The Maniac" Isham back in the late eighties or early nineties minus a motor. Anyway I got it back to running condition and then some jerk stole it the week I was going to take it out to the river so I never got to run it. So I really have no experiece beyond putting the boat together.

Which flat/runner bottom hull designs lend themselves to be better turning abilities? I love the K-Boats out at the races but have no desire to ever race but would like to be able to have fun playing racer at some point in time. I have been told that some boats are built to just go straight and dont really like to turn all that well so if anyone could fill in the blanks that would be much appreciated. In addition, what brands of hulls are good? Which are ones to stay away from? Aside from the obvious, what are some things to be on the look out for as far as quality/integrity of the hull?

Joe

41 - 44 of 44 Posts