Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I've been reading up on this site for quite awhile now and finally decided to join in. This is my project in the pictures below. Its 19 and a half ft and for the life of me can't find the registration with the date of manufacture and will include that as soon as I find it. It's got a Berkeley jc with an A impeller. I've been told by all the local guys that it's a pretty good design due to the set back pump but I'd like to know what the capabilities and limits of this design are or any other information regarding this hull. Thanks a lot for any help

Attachments

·
Laps Timed By Sundial
580 Posts
by the trailer its an late 70's to early 80's jetboat. so there should be #'s stamped on transom, prolly right side. #'s will tell you make & year.

I've got one of those rare BLACK berkeley's ...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got the rest of the pics to post, one of is the transom number you mentioned. Which if memory serves me it the last two digits that designate model year, which makes this an 82 correct? The black Berks' rare?

·
Registered
533 Posts
The design of that transom is so odd looking, I've never seen anything like that. The wheels on the trailer are mid 70's to early 80's and by the looks of your hin that hull is an '82

·
Laps Timed By Sundial
580 Posts
The black Berks' rare?

only if you paint them... Berkeley's are White, Jacuzzi's are Black.

from the MIC # its a
PIONEER BOATS8200 EL CAMINO REALATASCADEROCA

DETAILS FOR MANUFACTURER IDENTIFICATION CODE PNT
MIC:PNTStatus:Out of Business
Company:PIONEER BOATSCompany Official:HALL,STEVE
Parent Company:Parent MIC:
Address:8200 EL CAMINO REALCity:ATASCADERO
State:CAZip:93422
Fax:In Business:Friday, June 27, 1975
Out of Business:Thursday, October 18, 1990Date Modified:Monday, July 31, 1995
Type:Inboards, Cabin Cruisers

Additional Address:
Comments:SOLD ALL BUT ONE OF HIS MOLDS TO PIONEER BOATS INC (PIT) OOB PER MSO SFC 901018. CHANGED SFC TO LOS PER MSO LOS 950731.

jim at jet boat performance used to know those guy's P.M. him

·
Registered
501 Posts
only if you paint them... Berkeley's are White, Jacuzzi's are Black.

from the MIC # its a
PIONEER BOATS
8200 EL CAMINO REAL
ATASCADERO
CA

jim at jet boat performance used to know those guy's P.M. him

Me thinks you mean TOM at Jet Boat Performance:)hand

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"]The design of that transom is so odd looking, I've never seen anything like that. The wheels on the trailer are mid 70's to early 80's and by the looks of your hin that hull is an '82"

It's been in my family for quite some time but I've only recently realized that the design isn't normal. Thanks for the help, really appreciate the prompt input

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info, really appreciate it. I will get a hold of Tom. If I'm not mistaken this the same Tom I would contact if wanted to have some jet work done as well?

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Steve and Kim Hall ( owned Pioneer boats located about a 1000' from the 1rst JBP shop, here in Atascadero ) Steve built but a few of these particular hulls with set back "jet pods" Belive he called them "Outlaws" or "Sprints" . I actually may have owned that particular one (looks very familiar), Pioneer boats was a prolific Jet builder in the seventies and early 80s until it was sold/changed hands to a guy in NorCal .Pioneer produced mainly 18 SK and 20 minis (we have owned quite a few, always high quality , light fast boats. Pioneer also built a lot of 12' Tihatsu outboard mini boats during the "Gas Crunch days" . Pioneer and company campainged a few Comp jet boats in the early eighties and my Buddy Greg ran a Pioneer boat called Squirten fer certain in NJBA (boat just recently reappeared to all us after being mia (lost in a divorce) for 15 years Hope this info helps probably more than you wanted to know :) ! Tom

Heres the Pioneer boat (think this may be Chowchilla)

and we just found this Pioneer about a month ago

heres a Pioneer Cruiser I just bought (and sold)

·
Team CJ460
2,191 Posts
pretty cool find its like a cross between gullwing meets southwind tunnel cool boat keep us updated its been a bit dead in here :))THumbsUp

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the awesome info and pictures Tom, I will find out where or who it was last purchased from and we will see if it was yours in the past if your interested. The motor is being built now and I am expecting it to be finished in the next week or two. I will post soon with the next update. Thank again for all the help

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not really a whole lot to update at this point. Spoke to my grandfather, who was the first person in my family to own the boat said he "picked it up from some guy in Bakersfield". As soon as i recover the paperwork i might be able to find out more. On the other had I also spoke to the engine builder and I am expecting the motor to be done on Monday. It's a modest big block that's estimated around 500-550 horsepower at no more than 6500 rpm. With this hull and the jet which appears to be in good condition ( jc with A impeller) what speed range will I be looking at?

·
Registered
746 Posts
50 mph tops ... so ya might as well trade it to me ..... mine does 62 ...... ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts