Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you guys had the choise between a 21ft Libirator and a Youngblood TX19 in the about the some shape (project) for about the same money to buy it what is the better hull. I want to go fast dont need to go 100 but 80 to 90 would be cool. And I have a wife and 2 little kids.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I forgot to tell yall the Librotor will need to be converted from a wacker to jet. Becouse I want a jet

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
tx19:)devil

·
Screamin SeaMonkees
1,663 Posts
Boat with friends first.

If you have friends with "like" boats, take the family to the lake and get their impression. Or you'll be selling your project at a loss!

·
21' Liberator Jet
523 Posts
Prob be way easier and cheaper to meet your goals with the tx, as the lib will prob have a flat keel being set up for o/b. TXs are quick, dont require a ton of power to be fun, and pretty roomy for a 19'. Just my opinion:)hand

·
Glendale Arizona
2,368 Posts
Despite owning a 19' GW myself, I was going to vote for the Liberator. That was before I saw the conversion from OB to jet thing.

I think you'd be better off with the 19 GW. Good amount of room, good handling, good speed with moderate power. Good family boat IMHO

·
lol, right.....
1,168 Posts
I'd go for the TX if it were me. Seems like its going to have more interior room by the time you get that Lib converted over to a jet. Besides that, you are looking at God only knows how long that project would even take, depending on where you take it. ;)

Look at Richard with his TX for example.. He can load the cooler & take the wife & kids cruising, pull his daughter if she wants to ski, or go bust off a triple digit pass right quick... Like Buckwheat used to say, its as easy as that, O' tay! :p

·
The Man
1,788 Posts
I was gonna say the Liberator until you said it had an eggbeater on the back. The TX19 seems to be the best bet IMO.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
I love my 21 daytona. I wouldn't let the wackka scare you off as long as it's not a flat keeled boat. Just my .02 Btw my boat was born a 1/2 wacker(IO).

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Im not scard of the wacker conv.but man I like the tx cool boats. Thanks for the info. I will ck out the flat keel thing. I almost bought a Lib. before and I still like them, I was 2 days late on NORDIC454's Lib. That was a smokin deal.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Tunnels take up a lot of room and they do have room 21' IMO. I like a Lib. but a TX is replacing my V bottom sometime next season!:D Good luck with your choice! WT:)devil

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
The Liberator will ride a little better, but the TX-19 will actually have more usable room in it for family boating. The tunnels take so much out of the boats for interior room. I'd stay away from the OB/Jet conversion. The floor of a whacker will have to be reinforced for a jet becuse they are built heavy in the transom instead of the floor where the jet pushes from.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
You could always but Tom's Nordic, think he's still got it for sale?
its sitting on ebay, figured more people would see it there than any other pay site, plus it only costs me 9 bucks a week to keep it listed till it sells:)bulb damn local newspaper charges more than that!!:)sphss be a good boat for ray hubbard and texoma though! new pump gas 468, fresh berk pump, runs over 80 on the cheapest shit you can pump into it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts