Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE A HARD ON FOR HONDO T DECKS (W/ A JET) AND ONE CAME UP FOR SALE IN THE SPAM I WOULD BE PUTTING A BLOWN 433 IN IT JUST CURIOUS TO HERE WHAT SOME PEOPLE HAVE TO SAY. I HAVE MADE BAD HULL DECISIONS IN THE PAST AND BROKE THE BANK TRYING TO MAKE THEM GO 100 :):)punch

·
Glendale Arizona
2,368 Posts
Don't get mad.........you asked for opinions.

I HAVE MADE BAD HULL DECISIONS IN THE PAST AND BROKE THE BANK TRYING TO MAKE THEM GO 100.
You might be on your way to making another one.

I don't have a 100 mph boat so don't know shit from shinola, however thinking about this logically..........If you want to go 100 mph why not start out with a platform that will let you attain your goal, without breaking the bank and be a safe ride to boot. (well as safe as can be at 100 mph).

I'm thinking tunnelhull, mod V, winger etc.

Honestly.........if I wanted to go 100 mph (which I do incidentally) I would go with the tried and true. My old semi-v was a handful at 80+ mph.

As an example. I have a hard on for the old Glastron Carlson CVX20, but I wouldn't want to try to make one run 100.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hondo t deck

Like our old friend Tommy rip your going to need training wheels to run those speeds safe. Vees run out of boat at 90 or so theres a few rogers out there getting up there but unsafe and a handful to drive. My 2 cents

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I cant say that i didnt expect to hear that and i appreciate the honesty i gueass ill have to just keep looking for what i want

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
A friend had one, once up to 80 the boat needed hull mod's to go any faster. He added to the strakes, got into the upper 80's, lots of time on set-up. He sold the boat, less motor before doing any further mod's.

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
I cant say that i didnt expect to hear that and i appreciate the honesty i gueass ill have to just keep looking for what i want

Brandon. Ive seen that Hondo run. You DONT want it!

I think you'd be stoked on a Tunnel Hull if you want to have the option to cruise down river on the weekends. A gullwing is going to be a shiitty ride in the weekend chop.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
FOUND ANOTHER BOAT 19 FOOT CRUSADER TUNNEL HULL ANY ADVICE?:):)punch
get a gullwing, much easier to meet your mph goals with the motor you suggested:)bulb

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I've got a 18' cp gullwing with an 800hp NA motor, runs 108mph. I also have a 19' placecraft with a blown alcohol motor runs 130mph (I'm guessing, never taken it to the drags). I like the gullwing better on the river..... I like the placecraft at 100mph+.

·
"BOATLESS"
3,468 Posts
I've got a 18' cp gullwing with an 800hp NA motor, runs 108mph. I also have a 19' placecraft with a blown alcohol motor runs 130mph (I'm guessing, never taken it to the drags). I like the gullwing better on the river..... I like the placecraft better at 100mph+.
question

How does your 18' cp feel at 100?
Is it any different then the 19' CP ?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
The gullwing rides nice, but feels loose in comparison to the placecraft. The placecraft really plants you in the seat but feels solid and stable under acceleration. However, the shutdown on the PC is scary. Both boats have jetaways, but the PC needs a popoff.

Blender, I can't compare the 18 gullwing to the 19 as I've never driven a 19 gullwing. I'm sure there are others here that have and could answer your question.

·
"BOATLESS"
3,468 Posts
The gullwing rides nice, but feels loose in comparison to the placecraft. The placecraft really plants you in the seat but feels solid and stable under acceleration. However, the shutdown on the PC is scary. Both boats have jetaways, but the PC needs a popoff.

Blender, I can't compare the 18 gullwing to the 19 as I've never driven a 19 gullwing.
cool, is that the gas fill on the back transom of your cp?
sorry for the thread jack

1 - 17 of 17 Posts