Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 373 Posts

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its time for another project...
I think I found a good candidate.
Has anyone ever seen this boat or have some history on it? Possibly pics?

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
looks like chuck krafts boat,if so its the boat of john dickerson in 80s k-2
if thats the k34 boat chuck had about 3 years ago i have some pictures somewhere, i brought k134 from him and had thought about buying that boat too.check your gearbox over real good:)hand

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
At least you don't have to replace the side battons.

·
''GHOST of COLDFIRE''
1,887 Posts
Why would you put a whip strut onA FLATTIE seems alot of DRAG!

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
getting close for some cosmetic work.
I was surprised, I took off the doubled up side supports and the wood behind was in good condition and no breaks, the original gunnel supports or whatever they call them are intact and ok. Will still likely replace or make look good again.
I know this is just another boat build up so who cares, but some like to watch it get done.
I am planning on having it done by NYD:))eek:))

Attachments

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
For not wanting a project you sure found one, must've been a good deal
I actually just didnt like the gold anodizing and though since I had to take it all out I would do a little cosmetic work to it. The floors and bottom are in great shape and just need to be cleaned some and the hull is very solid. I didnt like the looks of the side supports and need to clean those up too. Lets say it just a clean up project;)

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
getting close for some cosmetic work.
I was surprised, I took off the doubled up side supports and the wood behind was in good condition and no breaks, the original gunnel supports or whatever they call them are intact and ok. Will still likely replace or make look good again.
I know this is just another boat build up so who cares, but some like to watch it get done.
I am planning on having it done by NYD:))eek:))
Looks like a great Winter project Don. I'd say NYD is very ambitious, but best of luck to you and keep the pics coming of the progress! Is Jeff going to do all of the glass/paintwork? And what engine are you going to put in this one? Just FYI, the upper area of the boat that those supports attach to is called the coaming. Not sure what they call the actual supports though...... So what did you do with your pseudo SS/PS boat?

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks like a great Winter project Don. I'd say NYD is very ambitious, but best of luck to you and keep the pics coming of the progress! Is Jeff going to do all of the glass/paintwork? And what engine are you going to put in this one? Just FYI, the upper area of the boat that those supports attach to is called the coaming. Not sure what they call the actual supports though...... So what did you do with your pseudo SS/PS boat?

sold it for a K. :D

1 - 20 of 373 Posts