Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im having trouble with my place diverter stop. It came with the setup and basically it is a 3/8 aluminum plate that clamps to an aluminum sleeve that protrudes from the bottom of the hydraulic ram.

The problem is that it moves and the adjustment goes away. If I tighten the clamp too much it locks the ram up. I can think of a few different ways to improve on the design,such as having it clamp to the bottom ram as well, but I just thought that with all of the people running this type of setup..........maybe someone has a stop that works better.

Thanks for your suggestions, and pictures. Here is a picture of what I have.

Chris

IMGP1790.jpg
IMGP1792.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have the same type of stop with no problems. you should be able to tighten the clamp without squeezing the ram. I'm thinking the hole isn't big enough. If you drilled the hole the same diameter as the ram then cut the slot, the thickness of the blade used will change the diameter a little bit smaller. Try opening the hole just a scosch and I'm sure you'll be happy with it. I also noticed you dont have the stop all the way up againt the bottom of the ram. Is that as far as you cam get it on? If so you should have plenty of material to remove to get it flat against the ram for added stability.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

I have the same type of stop with no problems. you should be able to tighten the clamp without squeezing the ram. I'm thinking the hole isn't big enough. If you drilled the hole the same diameter as the ram then cut the slot, the thickness of the blade used will change the diameter a little bit smaller. Try opening the hole just a scosch and I'm sure you'll be happy with it. I also noticed you dont have the stop all the way up againt the bottom of the ram. Is that as far as you cam get it on? If so you should have plenty of material to remove to get it flat against the ram for added stability.
The stop was up against the bottom of the ram when it was adjusted (at the house). The next day I went to the lake and was trying to get it adjusted and it seemed like I just couldn't get it dialed in. I would jump in and give it a couple half turns (underwater). When I got home and looked closely at it I realised it must be moving. Thats how far it moved in a day at the lake :|err. Thanks for the info, I will take the ram off and see if the hole is a little tight on there.

Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts