Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Sit N' Spin
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever converted a manual diverter to hydraulic? I know CP sells the conversion kits. How hard is it to do?

Also, I know you have to run a trim gauge to tell you where your diverter is positioned. What actuates these/makes these work? Is there a sender or is there some sort of mechanical linkage to the gauge?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Also, I know you have to run a trim gauge to tell you where your diverter is positioned. What actuates these/makes these work? Is there a sender or is there some sort of mechanical linkage to the gauge?
There is actually both. Mine has a mechanical cable that is attached to the diverter. As the diverter is moved up and down it moves the cable which in turn moves a small arm on the sender mounted to the inside of the transom. The sender then has wires that go to the gauge.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Has anyone ever converted a manual diverter to hydraulic? I know CP sells the conversion kits. How hard is it to do?

easy conversion, remove the manual cable and thru bore that hole for 1/4-20 bolt, this retains the hyd cyclinder. mount pump and wiring, not a difficult job, one could also purchase the oem hyd arm for a bolt on install.

·
Sit N' Spin
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the pics Mark!

Is there anyone with the installation instructions for a hydraulic diverter that can scan them and post them up for download?

·
What the Hell is That?
1,633 Posts
Is it really as responsive as they say it is or is it like and inboard/outboard deal?

I like my handle but it can be a PITA some times and im already making a list for winter.

·
Sit N' Spin
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like my handle but it can be a PITA some times and im already making a list for winter.
I like the handle as well, however I had a brand new cable break on me this last weekend and posed a safety hazard which involved some friends of mine on another boat getting hosed down (the nozzle is free to do whatever it wants when the cable breaks). This is why I've decided to go hydraulic. At least if a pump or an actuator fails the nozzle will stay put.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts