Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy on Inland Empire craislist has a 1984 Hydrostream Vegas for sale with a 84 Johnson GT 2.6. Apparently in 1986 they renamed it a Vegas XT as all subsequent years. Was there any changes to correct any problesm made to cause the 'XT" designation?. Any midwest guys know about these hulls. 1984 Vegas good or bad??. 1984 Johnson GT 2.6 good or bad?? thanks

·
Under yo mommas bed
1,884 Posts
A guy on Inland Empire craislist has a 1984 Hydrostream Vegas for sale with a 84 Johnson GT 2.6. Apparently in 1986 they renamed it a Vegas XT as all subsequent years. Was there any changes to correct any problesm made to cause the 'XT" designation?. Any midwest guys know about these hulls. 1984 Vegas good or bad??. 1984 Johnson GT 2.6 good or bad?? thanks
The vegas was a V bottom and the Vegas XT is a tunnel. They are both good boats.

·
Banne'd
2,568 Posts
The vegas was a V bottom and the Vegas XT is a tunnel. They are both good boats.

You going to Bartlett for the Regatta, aka spaghetti social? My water craft cert is up so I might make one last run for the year. Rotten floor and all.

Both vegas are good boats.

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks..Wish It had a Mercury on it. My Guess is the Johnson 2.6 is nothing to get excited about. Every OMC I've had seemed to be pretty reliable though.

·
Under yo mommas bed
1,884 Posts
You going to Bartlett for the Regatta, aka spaghetti social? My water craft cert is up so I might make one last run for the year. Rotten floor and all.

Both vegas are good boats.
When is that?

Thanks..Wish It had a Mercury on it. My Guess is the Johnson 2.6 is nothing to get excited about. Every OMC I've had seemed to be pretty reliable though.
The OMC is not as bad as a Chrysler.:D What does he want for it?

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
$4300. Check it out on California Inland Empire craigs list. Was posted about a week ago. search Hydrostream

·
Under yo mommas bed
1,884 Posts
Thats a nice looking boat. Looks very clean. For the price I'd pick it up if I was looking and it was closer to me. Check a few things like the transom and floor and do a compression test. If possible have him take you for a ride and take CASH! Offer him 3800 and settle on 4K.:)

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
These boats are rare on the West coast. It has potential but I'm going to have to pass on it...too many things going on right now. Thanks for the comments.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts