Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Banned
5,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know,I know, but have met several people whave then and are in Love.100,000 mile waranty great mileage,I'm thinking this is not about image,loyalty or anything else than what is is the checking account at the end of the month.

·
Huntington Beach Havasu
2,092 Posts
I drove a Sonata Turbo and was impressed by the 2.0 engine with almost 300HP. You sure them on the road everywhere around California.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I got my wife a Sonata this year, She loves it, gets compliments all the time "what a cute Mercedes" anyway car runs great, good mpg, fully loaded, unreal warranty.

·
Banned
3,397 Posts
I didn't realize the Koreans needed tax help....on a lighter note......Hyundai!!!.......Recalled!!!!.....still better than those "chimp" americans can build.....who'd buy from the US?

·
Will work for Boat
790 Posts
Hyundai makes a good car.
The Sonata and some other models are built in Montgomery, Alabama, so that's a plus.

Side note:
When I worked on the Hyundai account, we got to tour the Montgomery area before they broke ground, during plant construction, and after the plant opened. Probably went to that area a half-dozen times.

We'd be driven around in vehicles with Hyundai corporate signs on them, and people literally honked, gave us the thumbs-up, and even wept openly at the job opportunities that were coming to the area. Prior to the plant opening, this area had 40% unemployment and the median income was less than $10/hour. It was an economically decimated area.

Fast forward to today.
There are modern schools, new shopping centers, new housing tracts...total turnaround.
IMHO if you're looking to buy something that helps Americans, you can do far worse.

Here's a good article on teh benefit to the local economy:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/19/business/19hyundai.html?pagewanted=all

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
funny thread for me.. I have been telling quite a few people over the last couple of years how good these have become. Kia's and Hyndia's. Those days for most of us spending and spending to get what we want, not what we need, or can afford are over. Well said above, get what makes thre most sense for you..

I never researched that much intpo the company, maybe the profits go overseas, and that sucks, but at least it saved a lot people's lives in
Montgomery.

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
Cheap Skate or enjoying a meal out occasionally instead of filling my tank all the time.Everyone has priorities.
So you cannot find something comparable in an American model? I find that hard to believe.

I buy American Made any time I can. Even if it costs more. If I have to explain why, then........ :)sphss

·
Registered
505 Posts
So you cannot find something comparable in an American model? I find that hard to believe.

I buy American Made any time I can. Even if it costs more. If I have to explain why, then........ :)sphss
I try to buy anything that is made in America also. As stated the car is made in Alabama.

Next i try to buy from non-union if possible.

As far as profits going overseas. All of these companies are owned by INVESTORS from all over the world. It cracks me up when the libs talk about those evil oil companies making 5% profit. it is my retirement savings that is making that profit and a lot of other Americans IRA's and 401K's.

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
Good for you. Too each their own.
Good for me and good for the USA and people that make a living here.

I don't understand why some of you are so against USA made products.....? Or am I missing something? :)sphss

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Good for me and good for the USA and people that make a living here.

I don't understand why some of you are so against USA made products.....? Or am I missing something? :)sphss
No body really said that they are against USA products. Just that everyone is different their needs are different. Just for the record all my auto's are American but I haven't been happy with the wife's sedan so maybe something else is in order for us there. It's hard sometimes to stay with a product when they do not back it up when there is a problem which is a manufacture's design flaw.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
my wife loves her Santafe. I never work on it and they just keep going. I can't say anything bad about the ones we've had. gives me more money and time to spend on my gas hogs. :wink:

·
Banned
3,397 Posts
Ok; The quality issue- An American named Demming taught the Japanese quality control....He started in 1950 and it took until 1970 for them to start exceeding US quality....He came back to the US and started teaching our companies in the early 80s....so twenty years later (early 2000s) our quality should start to really hit it's stride.....and by most measures of quality, the US auto industry is matching or even exceeding Japanese quality....and Korean quality.....and the Ford Fusion is Higher quality, cheaper and has more features than any foreign family car.

As for what benefits the US economy, Car & Driver just ran an article about content of car lines sold in the US; It would appear that the Honda Accord and Toyota Camry are made with more "US Content" than the Ford Fusion, which is made in Mexico....but they failed to mention that the precentage of PROFIT for each car is 5% to local workers, and 95% goes to the corporation.....so a Fusion built in Mexico sends $12,000 back to the US and gives $500(at most) to the workers, while the Accord made in Maryland leaves $500 here, while shipping out to Japan......$12,000.......so which car keeps money here? And, at least with the Fusion, the Mexican workers get some decent paying jobs, which will help our border problems.....With the Koreans and Japanese, they only come here to buy our land and Businesses......Gee, I wonder why our economy is in the crapper.....

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
Small is a relative term....

That's noble as hell and you certainly have my respect but what small car is made in the USA?
This is pretty small... I mean it IS a TWO SEATER!!!!

The only "import" I own is a vintage Porsche.

And my gas guzzling Z28 gets 26 mpg... I don't see the point... :)hammers

Tom, where is it made? Canada? Mexico?

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
This is pretty small... I mean it IS a TWO SEATER!!!!

The only "import" I own is a vintage Porsche.

And my gas guzzling Z28 gets 26 mpg... I don't see the point... :)hammers

Tom, where is it made? Canada? Mexico?
Daily driver?????????? 1000HP??????????? seriously badass, you bet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NSF

1 - 20 of 52 Posts