Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I headed out this morning for work. My commute involves making a left hand turn onto a very busy street. This morning as I approached the intersection I noticed the light was green, it's a short light so I decided to speed up hoping to make the light. As I approached the instersection the light turned yellow, I hit the throttle and told myself I'm going to make this light...

I don't know what happened, but the instant I hit that throttle something inside me said to get off the throttle, "this is how bad accidents happen," I told myself. I released the throttle and slowed to a stop at the light.

As soon as my bike came to a stop an SUV came blazing through the intersection at 50+ MPH. If I had not stopped that SUV would have hit me and I would have most likely been crushed to death on impact.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Ever notice that little voice inside you're head is right, more than it's wrong????

You must have had some good karma coming your way, pay it forward;)

GT :)hand

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
I headed out this morning for work. My commute involves making a left hand turn onto a very busy street. This morning as I approached the intersection I noticed the light was green, it's a short light so I decided to speed up hoping to make the light. As I approached the instersection the light turned yellow, I hit the throttle and told myself I'm going to make this light...

I don't know what happened, but the instant I hit that throttle something inside me said to get off the throttle, "this is how bad accidents happen," I told myself. I released the throttle and slowed to a stop at the light.

As soon as my bike came to a stop an SUV came blazing through the intersection at 50+ MPH. If I had not stopped that SUV would have hit me and I would have most likely been crushed to death on impact.
I learned about this one in Church! Very handy "voice" I might add. We're all glad you listened. Hearing you stopped is so much better than hearing the alternative this morning. Good Call Danny!

·
32 DW X-CAT
2,271 Posts
Ever notice that little voice inside you're head is right, more than it's wrong????

You must have had some good karma coming your way, pay it forward;)
GT :)hand
Exactly what I was thinking---above x2----Oh! I've heard it a time or two and it is always right on.

Glad Danny H listened to it especially on a bike Whew! go light a candle and say a prayer.

KAP

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Glad your hear to tell us about!:)devil

·
Cross Member
104 Posts
Glad your hear to tell us about!:)devil
Here. Glad you're here.

Hear is when you hear something...like that inner voice.
Here is like you are here.

Your is like that is your boat.

You're is you are. Contractions. They teach those things on Sesame Street.

And something like it would have been a good last word. I think you left a dangling participle or something there.

Just here to help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts