Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All this talk about how good Canyons,Coles,and Makos are. I think i am going to burn my poor Hondo and put it out of its Misery :)sphss

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
All this talk about how good Canyons,Coles,and Makos are. I think i am going to burn my poor Hondo and put it out of its Misery :)sphss
you's crazy man, your hondo is bithin:)devil i feel like the dumbass for not buyin it instead of the tx19;)

·
Lookout I'm Crankin it Baby
6,576 Posts
I'm actively looking for somethng to build a patio bar out of...whadya want without motor?? The t-deck deal is perfect for the bartender to stand behind and mix cocltails.

·
Precision Craft Marine
1,563 Posts
There is nothing wrong with a hondo.You can make a hondo run, but you have to move the hardware from the old locations to better, proven locations.
Weight is a huge factor, and I believe all the light weight hondos are all used up, leaving the heavy ones around to try to compete with the improved hulls.

·
Lookout I'm Crankin it Baby
6,576 Posts
There is nothing wrong with a hondo.You can make a hondo run, but you have to move the hardware from the old locations to better, proven locations.
Weight is a huge factor, and I believe all the light weight hondos are all used up, leaving the heavy ones around to try to compete with the improved hulls.

Better sell now...or try Lindora..

love ya

·
Too Many Toys
280 Posts
Nothing wrong with a Hondo. It is the original classic. I love the lines on the old Hondo flat. I have one of the flat deck versions. Not a T-deck. I may have to part with it soon to make space for another boat :) and the wife's new Camry Hybrid :mad: It is a hard descision to make, because it would make a very nice lake / play boat. Even with a mild SBC in it for making it past the gas station a time or two. Heavy for racing, but a nice safe boat for play.
PC

·
adjones419
1,064 Posts
Chris, I miss my GT Hondo almost every day. They're good boats! I was just wanting to go a lot faster than it was willing to take me...well, without killing me anyway.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Tom you did me a favor for not buying it now got it and it is a good boat :)
i miss letting up on the down peddle in that boat:D come to think of it, i haven't driven a vdrive since you took it outta okla.:)st i gotta get me a vdrive fix soon:D

·
just a ski boat with bark
2,811 Posts
Hey Chris I'll come get it if your gonna burn it I reworked my bottom and shifted stuff around so I'm sure I can do it again. LOL

BTW if your only bracket racing is it really cheaper to get a new lighter boat? I think after reworking my boat so it's more effecient that with all the available aftermarket stuff you could make a few more HP cheaper. JMO. :(:(

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Joe i hope to do the bottom on this boat this year so your help will be appreciated by the way Happy birthday

·
Antique Member
906 Posts
Hondo

I have a Cole and a Hondo. Had the Hondo for 29 years and NO plans to let loose of it!! I told the wife to burn it when I die-nobody gets it (Free to sell the Cole though).
Denis:)grn

1 - 20 of 30 Posts