Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
BOOMER SOONER
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my new boat and lost my tranny in the process...:|err:|err. does anyone know a good tranny shop that wont break the bank to rebuild a 700R4 in a 1990 suburban 4x4 thanks jerry

·
New here
4,219 Posts
i just got my new boat and lost my tranny in the process...:|err:|err. does anyone know a good tranny shop that wont break the bank to rebuild a 700R4 in a 1990 suburban 4x4 thanks jerry
Transmissions, particularly OD ones, are like electrical components. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. Don't skimp on this part, since you will be towing a boat. You don't want to lose your tranny on a busy launch ramp! 700s work fine for towing, but have to be built for it. Especially '90s models. You're gonna be looking at $13-1500 easy for a quality rebuild with guarantee. Another $300 for a quality converter. Tow bills, especially in the middle of nowhere, with a boat behind you, will be just as much. Pay now or pay later. Plus, run the risk of ruining a vacation.

You can buy a "crate" trans these days for just as much as a rebuild and you will have a lot less downtime.

Try bowtieoverdrives.com, eatmyshift.com, or gearstar.com

All have quality transmissions/converters for average prices.

·
Sanger Hydro
667 Posts
:D:D:D:Dwhen did this happen? so did you get the boat with tweedy bird on it? LMFAO. i sure hope you didnt. stop going for the cheap ass jetboats. JUNK :)hand call bruce and see what he wants to build it, or the guy that built your last one.

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
look up BIGJOEDUCKSLAYER here on the boards he owns a trans shop in sac he know what needs to be done to it for towing, owner/operator:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts