Performance Boats Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 305 Posts

·
Banned
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After over 2,000 eBay transactions I finaly got scammed, really well.

I sold a Berkeley jet drive that was in really good shape. The guy quickly paid and I quickly shipped it out from So Cal to AZ. A couple of days after receiving the jet drive the guy said it arrived damaged (busted suction housing). I said OK no problem, just file a claim with FedEx as it was insured. The next day he said he was told by FedEx that I had to file the claim. OK, no problem. So I filed a claim with FedEx, FedEx shipped it back to me, and I refunded the guy all of his cash including all of the shipping. Several days later FedEx replies to my claim saying something along the lines of "... as FedEx determined when the claim was originally reviewed that there was insufficient packing therefore your claim is denied...". OK, now I knew something was up because I only filed one claim. Whatever, I decide I can fix the jet drive, relist it as repaired (I'm an honest seller) and get some of my money back. So today the jet drive gets taken apart only to discover the shaft was replaced with a junk shaft, the impellor was replaced with a cracked impellor, one of the seals was missing, and the wear ring was missing too.

So if anyone knows Chaz Hill of Prescott Valley Arizona tell him I said Hi :)hand and that he taught me a good one. Nice work buddy. ;)

·
i got skiillllzzzz....
977 Posts

I sold a Berkeley jet drive that was in really good shape. The guy quickly paid and I quickly shipped it out from So Cal to AZ. A couple of days after receiving the jet drive the guy said it arrived damaged (busted suction housing). I said OK no problem, just file a claim with FedEx as it was insured. The next day he said he was told by FedEx that I had to file the claim. OK, no problem. So I filed a claim with FedEx, FedEx shipped it back to me, and I refunded the guy all of his cash including all of the shipping. Several days later FedEx replies to my claim saying something along the lines of "... as FedEx determined when the claim was originally reviewed that there was insufficient packing therefore your claim is denied...". OK, now I knew something was up because I only filed one claim. Whatever, I decide I can fix the jet drive, relist it as repaired (I'm an honest seller) and get some of my money back. So today the jet drive gets taken apart only to discover the shaft was replaced with a junk shaft, the impellor was replaced with a cracked impellor, one of the seals was missing, and the wear ring was missing too.

So if anyone knows Chaz Hill of Prescott Valley Arizona tell him I said Hi :)hand and that he taught me a good one. Nice work buddy. ;)
are you shure you dont want to part it out:)hand

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts

What a freakin piece of crap person. Wow. Sorry to hear that Rod. What do you think he got you for ?

S CP :D

·
Registered
92 Posts
the name he gave mite be fake but the address he gave is real list that and we may get some good info on the bastard like a drive buy to take a picture of him his truck his boat and house public humiliation may git u satisfaction or just a lot of fun :|err

·
Banned
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes he's a piece of crap however I have to give credit where credit is due, it took me a month (to get the time to) to figure out I was ripped off and he was very creative. He got me for $213.00. The pump belonged to a friend of mine, I sell parts for my friends on eBay often, my friend gave me a good part so I ate the loss as it being "part of the business" (I charge my friends 20% including all fee's, materials, time, etc...). I'm well over it, I just thought it was REALLY creative.

·
Banned
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Two things, first... after doing a little research it wasn't $213, it was $203. Hey I was close. Second the pump wasn't shipped to Chaz Hill, Chaz Hill was the name on the eBay account. It was paid for via the Paypal account of and shipped to:

·
custom boat lover
498 Posts
Sounds like you are in good spirits over it all. Try calling pay pal to report this you might be able to get your money back, If not at least pay pal should make sure this guy will never be able to buy anything through them any more, So he can not rip some one else off in the same way.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Since this isn't a transaction that occurred through PB, this little thread may hamper any desirable outcome should he become aware of it. He essentially defrauded you and stole your property.

Why is it that someone can be arrested and go to jail for stealing directly from you, but when it's a "business" transaction, it's a small claims deal? Or am I wrong?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Two things, first... after doing a little research it wasn't $213, it was $203. Hey I was close. Second the pump wasn't shipped to Chaz Hill, Chaz Hill was the name on the eBay account. It was paid for via the Paypal account of and shipped to:

Man I hope this isn't illegal... :|err
I would nail the POS!:|err

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Fille a notice of loss (theft) with Pay Pal. If he still has an open account they might charge him. E Bay owns Pay Pal. And call the Yavapi County Sheriff's Department and make a theft report. For all you know they could be looking for this ass on another acam case. PI

1 - 20 of 305 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.