Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got it wet this weekend!!!!

:D:D:D:D

Had a great day on the water yesterday. Given the motor, wiring, fuel system and impeller were all new I didnt have much faith but am thrilled with the outcome. No drama (other than a couple loose bolts).

Followed 95% of Barrys breakin instructions but messed up on the plug reading so I'll do better next time (sorry Barry). Most of the boating was in the 3500 rpm range or less but I did run it to 5000 rpm for one short run (see video) and couldnt be happier with the results. I was no where near hard into the pedal!!!

Am going to change the oil and pull the valve covers to make sure everything is good and pull my head out of my butt and do a better job plug reading next time.

Many thanks to Barry Obler of Obnoxious Racing Engines. I appreciate your friendship and patience trying to teach me something and building me such a bitchin motor for this tub. :)devil

Here's a quick video
http://vimeo.com/5450875/l:transcoded_email

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I'm genuinely thrilled with how well it ran. Still need to read some plugs before I lean on it but so far I couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
981 Posts
nice john. I'll be looking forward to seeing it run soon:)hand

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
AWESOME! John The boat looks and sounds Amazing!
I love the pics of it in the Water. Great Screan saver.....Hal

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys. It's been a fun project.

76Elim, The headers are stainless Borla upswept dragster headers that have been coated. Need to be polished up again but I like em.

·
Registered
653 Posts
:D
:D:D:D:D

Had a great day on the water yesterday. Given the motor, wiring, fuel system and impeller were all new I didnt have much faith but am thrilled with the outcome. No drama (other than a couple loose bolts).

Followed 95% of Barrys breakin instructions but messed up on the plug reading so I'll do better next time (sorry Barry). Most of the boating was in the 3500 rpm range or less but I did run it to 5000 rpm for one short run (see video) and couldnt be happier with the results. I was no where near hard into the pedal!!!

Am going to change the oil and pull the valve covers to make sure everything is good and pull my head out of my butt and do a better job plug reading next time.

Many thanks to Barry Obler of Obnoxious Racing Engines. I appreciate your friendship and patience trying to teach me something and building me such a bitchin motor for this tub. :)devil

Here's a quick video
http://vimeo.com/5450875/l:transcoded_email

Sexy.......

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
Right on John, you have definitely stepped up your game, boat looks and sounds bitchen. BTW our mutual friend is now working for us and so far so good, i showed him the Skagen comments and that really opened his eyes seemed to humble him a bunch.

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:D

Sexy.......
Thanks

Right on John, you have definitely stepped up your game, boat looks and sounds bitchen. BTW our mutual friend is now working for us and so far so good, i showed him the Skagen comments and that really opened his eyes seemed to humble him a bunch.
Cool Kenny, please be safe up there and isn't the wedding coming up fast???

John, boat looks great. Can't wait for Mardon on Labor Day. Pat:)devil
Dude, that is the FIRST compliment you've ever given me Pat. You getting soft in you old age? What's up with B, haven't seen or heard from her for a while.

Sounds sweet alright. I do like those headers too. Way to go John and Barry (ORE).
Thanks Danny, Barry and Obnoxious Racing Engines are the best. I didnt have a bunch of money and he worked with me trying to find cost effective ways of doing things without comprimising the quality.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts