Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just picked this piece up from hondo jim. question is, this replaces the harmonic balancer, right? i've got a stock steel crank this is going on and i dont know if this is for an aftermarket internal balance crank. i dont need the harmonic balancer, as in there is no pulleys off of it. i see the crank has to be machined for the extra keyway. just making sure i can bolt this on and go. thanks, mike.

·
Registered
709 Posts
From my experience with these things, being new to blowerland, this looks like a hub for an external balanced crank, Hell I might be wrong:)sphss

Anyone can pedal a bicycle, can you pedal a flat?????

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
That is most definately a hub for an external balanced piece.
Are you going to rebalance the assembly? I'd highly recommend it as you are changing from balancer "a" to hub "b"... both of unknown balance.
A second keyway must be cut (well, ceretainly should).
Don't forget, you will need some way to check timing. Degree wheel between hub and pulley.
Wags

·
i'm back!!
687 Posts
yup you will probably break ur 1/2 inch pitch belt before you twist the single key off...but I would go to a machine shop and get a piece of 4130 hardened key stock and run the single key,also make sure its a good snug fit on there as well. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts