Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have aquestion for Gail Banks twin turbo engine owners. I want to know how to get fuel into the intake with the carb 2 foot away from the place you would normally find it and lower than the intake. I have been injecting about 15-20 cc of fuel thru a 1/4 inch fitting that was threaded into the throat of the intake. Ihave been thinking about getting a fuel solinoid from NOS and put a starter button to it. What are the Low Carb Gail Banks Tutbo Experts doing. Help is appreciated.

·
Some guy
3,623 Posts
I don't fully understand your question. The turbos move air and fuel through the intercooler, into the engine. The carburetor sits between the two turbos that are sitting on the risers. How much lower than the intake is yours?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The motor runs great when it finally fires Doesn't seem to want to lift air/fuel up to be accepted into the intercooler. From center shaft of turbos to center of the tubes that go to intercooler is 8 1/2 inches. How long should it take the fuel to get there (dry)? Seems like hell on my minnie starter so I have been shooting fuel into port below the intercooler just above intake manifold. It will ignite in an instant doing that.

·
Some guy
3,623 Posts
I raced a Gentry turbo boat, but I worked at Banks in the late 70's. Normally you may have to pump the throttle once or twice depending on your particular engine to get some fuel into the carb box. It's definitely a different touch than an NA engine.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Image preview

I raced a Gentry turbo boat, but I worked at Banks in the late 70's. Normally you may have to pump the throttle once or twice depending on your particular engine to get some fuel into the carb box. It's definitely a different touch than an NA engine.
HERE'S THE PICTURE

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THE WILDFIRE SMOKE IS TERRIBLE HERE SO I will let the accelerator pumps work a coupke times and try again this weekend Thanks for help Obnoxious

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Worked perfect but I upped the throatle pumps (Squirters) to 4 and held throatle at 1/3 and now the mystery is over. Fired and didn't hesitate. To all boat owners- the turbos act like mufflers and this system is pretty quiet because of lack of compression until the upper scale on the tach. I think the Banks motors could be accepted on most lakes except (row boats only).

·
Registered
683 Posts
Worked perfect but I upped the throatle pumps (Squirters) to 4 and held throatle at 1/3 and now the mystery is over. Fired and didn't hesitate. To all boat owners- the turbos act like mufflers and this system is pretty quiet because of lack of compression until the upper scale on the tach. I think the Banks motors could be accepted on most lakes except (row boats only).
I was just going to ask, is the throttle response at that distance normally have a lag to it? Seems like it would

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The throttle response is actually real good above 2000 rpm but not as fast at idle.. Get those turbos spinning and hold on. I upped my v-drive gears from 22's to 36's because I wanted to utilize the torque and low=mid range power the motor produces. I also don't want a high winder but want to be able to hit 100 mph without hurting the EXTERNALLY balanced Chev big block. The hull is a 19' Cougar tunnel, just a lake boat cruiser

1 - 11 of 11 Posts