Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....and how green they are living and cutting dependence on foreign oil.

.....and I love the media giving those people all the attention they ask for.

Is it possible an adult REALLY doesn't know and doesn't bother to know how electricity is generated and how the materials in the batteries of their "green" car are obtained and produced and what happens to those materials when the batteries have served their lives?

Brian

·
Registered
3,496 Posts

Is it possible an adult REALLY doesn't know and doesn't bother to know how electricity is generated and how the materials in the batteries of their "green" car are obtained and produced and what happens to those materials when the batteries have served their lives?

Brian

I have laughed about this for years! In fact, there are several conventional cars that actually get better mileage and are more enviro friendly than the hybrids.

U

·
0 Posts

Brian
Please tell us how the battery materials are obtained and where Hybrid vehicle batteries go when spent.

I have laughed about this for years! In fact, there are several conventional cars that actually get better mileage and are more enviro friendly than the hybrids.
That makes two of us

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Same ass clowns that buy the 99 cent reusable grocery bags that cost 3 cents to make then never use them. It eases their conscious and gives them something to talk about how they contribute to the earth. :)sphss

Our Canadian neighbors usher a weekly recycle garbage truck 10 miles to the back of our rural neighborhood to pick up a couple wine bottles and a few old newspapers and then claim to be saving the earth.

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Thought read somewhere that it will take you 25 years to recoup the costs of a hybrid.

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"Us" or "you"

Please tell us how the battery materials are obtained and where Hybrid vehicle batteries go when spent.

That makes two of us
Moron,

Do your own research, you ignorant liberal phuck.

No doubt you are one of the people in question. I asked you to please stop breathing weeks ago.

Brian

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts

Moron,

Do your own research, you liberal phuck.

No doubt you are one of the people in question. I asked you to please stop breathing weeks ago.

Brian

·
Steady Rollin
1,107 Posts

my 94 honda civic VX POS commuter gets around 45-48 mpg average

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Moron,

Do your own research, you ignorant liberal phuck.

Brian
It was just a simple question that I would also like to know the answer to. Why so hostile?

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
the early '86-88 CRX's were getting 51 mpg and they didnt even have fuel injection.

my 94 honda civic VX POS commuter gets around 45-48 mpg average

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
the new tdi deseil vw put out is cranking out some decent tq and gets 50+:)devil that's a fo real hydrid:)bulb

most hydrids that are gas/ele generate their own ele.. thru either the trans or the brakes. gm's 1st recent attempt didn't even have a starter on the gas motor(5.3l), it had a big ass stator where the tq convertor would generally go. ya crank the key to start it, ya hear nothing but the motor start runnin. neat set-up. while the truck decels, the stator produces electricity, and can also be turned on as a helper motor(ei, where the hybrid part comes into this deal)

i like the new 4-6-8 motors though, they're holding up very well and get low to mid 20'smpg

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
Interesting take on diesel vs hybrid

http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/new_cars/4237945.html?page=1

To see how hybrids compare to their diesel-powered cousins, we pit Europe’s version of the Toyota Prius against the efficient Volkswagen Polo BlueMotion 1, currently only available overseas, in a war of numbers. The Polo is lighter (it weighs almost 500 pounds less) and somewhat smaller, so we expected it to be more fuel efficient. However, we didn’t think it would go 38 percent farther on a gallon of fuel or emit 5 percent fewer greenhouse gases per mile. (We didn’t look at particulates or NOx emissions.) While hybrids might be the green champions, clean diesels can be just as friendly to the environment—possibly even friendlier.
Base Price: $20,950
Engine: 1.5-liter, four-cylinder gas/electric hybrid
MPG: 54
CO2 Emissions: 0.369 lb./mile
Weight: 2866 lb.
Base Price: $23,315
Engine: 1.4-liter, three-cylinder turbodiesel
MPG: 74.3
CO2 Emissions: 0.351 lb./mile
Weight: 2390 lb.

Attachments

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
My boat is a hybrid.......It burns both gas and oil...:D

·
Nine pieces of Eight
1,377 Posts
Dig that commercial...

The new Jetta TDI with 58 mpg highway, uses urea technolgy and is considered a low emissions vehicle. No batteries, drive by video, and the engine has an engine sound instead of well, nothing. :D

1 - 20 of 72 Posts