Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
mud slinger
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad has been fighting cancer for the last 3 years and finally lost his battle yesterday morning. At least he saw his mom turn 100 years old on Sunday before he passed away.
I am not very good with words but my nephew is. Here is something he wrote about my dad Wayne Petty. RIP Dad
http://kebmocampbell.tumblr.com/post.../grandpa-wayne

·
Registered
37 Posts
My prayers go to you and your family. I lost my dad three months ago it was sudden with no warning. It is still hard to this day.

·
Premium Member
2,176 Posts
Take comfort in knowing he is now fully restored to the vibrant person he was before the illness. You & your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
19,916 Posts
so so sorry for your loss.....

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
Dave again so sorry about your father, as on rds where I said it has to be the lowest point in one's life losing parents. My mom left us in 81 and my dad in 85 and to this day I miss them dearly and its still painful, it doesn't go away even after decades have passed. I must say you are right about your nephew, I needed the kleenex after that one. May your father rest in peace and your family gain peace also in knowing he is no longer suffering.

·
mud slinger
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dave again so sorry about your father, as on rds where I said it has to be the lowest point in one's life losing parents. My mom left us in 81 and my dad in 85 and to this day I miss them dearly and its still painful, it doesn't go away even after decades have passed. I must say you are right about your nephew, I needed the kleenex after that one. May your father rest in peace and your family gain peace also in knowing he is no longer suffering.
Thank you Rex, my nephew is a great kid/young man.

·
Premium Member
3,359 Posts
My thoughts are with you during this rough time. I lost my Dad (he would be 100 this year) over ten years ago. A day does not go by that I don't think of him and thank him for infecting me with this 'Hot Boat' sickness! Jocko

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts
Our Condolences.
My Dad lost his 13 year battle with prostate 2 years ago.
I had to say good bye to him the last night he was coherent. He passed 3 days later.

It gets better, but never goes away.
My second at work lost his Dad one month after mine, the hardest part for both of us is that we can not call them on the phone.
Sounds strange, but that is the hardest part.
All the memories make you smile, but not being able to talk to him is an empty feeling.
Again, thoughts and Godspeed.

·
32 DW X-CAT
2,271 Posts
Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family during this difficult time.

Psalm 23 always helps me...I do not know if you are a spiritual person but I offer this passage and hope it brings you comfort.

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

God Bless!

KAP and Family

1 - 20 of 28 Posts