Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and it was not for any thing illegal

they did a write up on some local car builders and the artical came out great had two calls on it yesterday i cant find it on line

·
I'm famous !
7,043 Posts

they did a write up on some local car builders and the artical came out great had two calls on it yesterday i cant find it on line
are you proficient in lets sayyyyy..... Chevelles ?:)

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Post the link if you find it.

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
are you proficient in lets sayyyyy..... Chevelles ?:)
Not cool.

But still funny.

You would think a guy would learn a thing or two about CYA after buying a "demo" boat with
"West Coast Fucker" on it, along with a skeleton flipping you off, all complete with a green motor.

You got to wonder about that for a second....

Paying a guy 5 figures to "build" a car for "you"(far from home) THAT YOU DON'T EVEN OWN?

Geez man, that has "Later" written all over it.

Brian

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
Oh by the way....cool deal Big kahuna

Brian

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
Not cool.

But still funny.

You would think a guy would learn a thing or two about CYA after buying a "demo" boat with
"West Coast Fucker" on it, along with a skeleton flipping you off, all complete with a green motor.

You got to wonder about that for a second....

Paying a guy 5 figures to "build" a car for "you"(far from home) THAT YOU DON'T EVEN OWN?

Geez man, that has "Later" written all over it.

Brian
My father-in-law get 6 figures from people all across the country.
I think the difference is reputation!

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
My father-in-law get 6 figures from people all across the country.
I think the difference is reputation!
I am not questioning the price, not even close. He was getting the car for free in my opinion.

My dad taught me long ago, "If it seems too good of a deal, it probably is."

I am well aware what it takes it dollars and time to create a custom or restoration.

My meaning was about paying someone to build a car for you that your name isn't even on that car's title, nor is the vin in the contract. The builder could sell "your" car to whomever he chose at any point in time.

Forget it, wrong thread anyway, sorry,

Big kahuna, cool deal still.

Although I do miss your other avatar.

Brian

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
I am not questioning the price, not even close. He was getting the car for free in my opinion.

My dad taught me long ago, "If it seems too good of a deal, it probably is."

I am well aware what it takes it dollars and time to create a custom or restoration.

My meaning was about paying someone to build a car for you that your name isn't even on that car's title, nor is the vin in the contract. The builder could sell "your" car to whomever he chose at any point in time.

Forget it, wrong thread anyway, sorry,

Big kahuna, cool deal still.

Although I do miss your other avatar.

Brian
I understand your point. In a way I kind of agreeing with you. It's all about reputation. Without a contract specifying a car with Vin# you're kind of at the mercy or the builder. My f-i-l has a few acquaintances (note I didn't say friends) that have promised certain cars only to skip with the cash. The owner of a well know shop, who is well respected in the car industry has a few rumors flying around about him selling cars, collecting the cash & never turning over the car or title.

·
2 miles from the water
443 Posts

I find "not for anything illegal" hard to swallow:)hand

what day was the article in the paper...and if you say saturday i'll bitchslap you

·
Seriously off center
2,442 Posts
Congrats on the exposure. You don't REALLY think my eyes are good enough to read that do you? :D
Saturday we'll be at the shack swapping radiators, telling lies and killing brain cells if you guys want to come north:)sphss Otherwise, we're on the water for 4 days.......:)devil

1 - 13 of 13 Posts