Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Futs and many other fellow PB forum members met today at the Avi Resort. The turnout was approximately 50 boats.

For those that don't know, Futs runs a 1979 Southwind Tunnel Dragster. When I asked him what was the make/model/engine;
he said have you ever been to PerformanceBoats.com? Its all over the forums.

He indicated that I must be an idiot but I just told him that I don't visit the forums very often. Shortly thereafter I introduced
myself which was funny to me. Not sure if it was funny to Futs.

Our fathers have a long history between Sundown Marine and Southwind Boats which his dad owned.

Nice meeting you today.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
1977 19' Eliminator Daytona with a 468 Chevy. The motor and pump were reworked by Jet Boat Plus. :))THumbsUp

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Add

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1978 Liberty with a 513 cubic inch 750 horsepower Ford from SoCal.

Attachments

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,102 Posts
Chris Davidson
Publisher
Performance Boats Magazine

Performance Boats has a magazine ????

Futs' dad owned Southwind boats....... ;)

S CP :D

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello S CP

What did I miss? I know I am guilty of something but what is it that you know?

·
Boss of the McIntyre Mob
1,981 Posts
1) as a old CBBB sponsor, I wish I was there this weekend

2) Futs.............Lets got to 3.

3) Futs is one hell of a jet boater.

4) Hope ya all have a GREAT weekend.

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sandeggo

I wanted to shoot your boat but when I walked by you guys were all set up. I am sure ******* got some pics after
you were done with the "feast". I am sorry I didnt get a chance to introduce myself. I didnt realize how many forum
members were down there yesterday.

Chris

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
It's all good. All the credit for my boat goes to smartass, futs, and their pops, all I did was put a tiny motor in it.
Kevin

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Never met Futs in person. Talked on the phone a few times. He is always willing to help it seems. And I know he is a hard chargin guy in them Jets. Look forward to meeting one day.

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
maybe tim and his dad are brothers now??? :) can't help but wonder if smartass calls him uncle tim now...:)
LMAO...I know Tim and Shawn have called each other names when they were younger, but I don't think uncle was ever one of them!!! :D

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
It was good meeting you face to face. Sorry if i came off alittle harsh, just was still working off the skull cramps from the night before...:D

My Grandfather owned southwind boats, my dad just worked there as well as my mom.

The motor is a 548 pump gas deal and makes 800 hp. It was running spectacular This weekend. Made a few changes to the boat and all worked alot better than i could hope for!!

Shoot me that pm again and we will hook up with what ever info and stuff you want to get together.

PS, the weekend was off the hook!! Met alot of new people and hung out with some old friends. Some didnt make it that said they were, but it was still a great turn out and a blast all around.!!!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts