Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a 20' w/t windshield pleasure/ski/fishing/family boat with a '92 Mercury Force 120HP...it doesnt run for chit :(...boat came from Oregon...very cold blooded...after warm-up, it dies when u put it into gear...no rpm's...does altitude have anything to do with the way the carb should be jetted?...i live by the river (BHC/Laughlin)...this is a very clean boat & i sure would like to get it to run faster than my 4HP lol...any help appreciated :)...ask me anything u need to know...TIA

FastRat

· Under yo mommas bed
1,828 Posts
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you have the worst motor ever made. Junk it and buy anything else(except a suzuki) and you will be fine.

· 06 Mach 22 w/2.5 Drags
189 Posts
actually, the motor is a Chrysler/Mercury...the Force wasnt made til '99...anyways...why do u say it is "the worst motor ever made"?

FastRat
Man, I'v seen Force outboards for years. Back to when I was a kid. Never did know a bunch about them, excpet everyone I now know that has or had one isn't a huge fan of them.

As far as your issue, get on checking elevations between where it is and where it came from?? I really cannot see jetting/elevation creating this kind of failure, but you never know.

But deep down I gotta agree with Jangles, sorry.

· Banne'd
2,426 Posts
They started as Chryslers, then force, mercury bought out force. Um by chance are the gears in the lower unit and good?? Will they spin freely with your hand??? I have a carbed 7.5 merc that will put my 20' daycruiser on plane in the whitemountains, and that's higher than you. Is that pig oil injected??

· Under yo mommas bed
1,828 Posts
actually, the motor is a Chrysler/Mercury...the Force wasnt made til '99...anyways...why do u say it is "the worst motor ever made"?

FastRat
Ummm, you need to check your facts.:)hand

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.