1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
6,873 Posts
I agree , atleast it showed up ....
My new mag has yet to show up and its been a year:mad:

·
Registered
672 Posts
...I tried to like HB...Too many big assed boats with 5 seat and cup holders.

So I subscribed to PB...unsatisfying.

I'm waiting for the LP boat magazine...it could take a while...

·
Premium Member
3,276 Posts

·
Banned
1,517 Posts
Right before HB went under they were planning a "Hot Boat classic" mag
with old school stuff- would have liked to seen that

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yep. Miss that mag coming in the mail every month. Or if I slipped up and forgot to renew, I could find it on the newsstand.

All I can find at my local stores now, some of which have very large mag sections, are Yachting mags or Trailer boat mags (whatever the hell that is :)sphss)!

The one time Wifey found PB on the shelf, she brought it home to me and it was the Offshore Version. :|err:|err There are no salt water, triple engine ballers in Moreno Valley. Are you kidding me???:rolleyes::D

(Not PB's fault, probably just the magazine section's purchasing agent.)

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
It used to be Hot Boat and Powerboat each month. Now it's Powerboat and Sea (more aimed at the open ocean crown) every month, and PB every other month.

·
Banned
3,397 Posts
I don't want to look at boats I own or could afford; I want to look at big baller boats that I'd have to win the lotto or some such to buy...that way I can be miserable dreaming about something I can't afford, can't do anything with...
I never understood why you'd see "SEA" and "Yacht", etc but never see any rags for the more normal people; I liked trailer boats but new family boats all look the same and there's no innovation(Except more cupholders) and Hot boat was good in the late 80's and early 90's but then they started to ignore flatties and jets and only test big top end boats(90+ yet 0-30 in 12 secs? Yawn). Powerboats used to test a mixture but now, what's the latest 40'+ x $400,000 boat...yeah, I'll by two along with a different Lambo for every day of the week. What the heck do you do with a 40+ boat, anyway. Spend an hour getting it ready, then go 80mph to a resort, have lunch, drink some beer, then 80 back, then spend two hours wiping it down...oh, yeah- you have peons to wipe it down. If your rich and live in Florida I guess it makes since; I just don't make that kind of money and don't worry what the "Jones" think of me.:)sphss

1 - 20 of 30 Posts