Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a lot of pics of tx-19 running very dry. What are some things I can look into tr free it up. It has a berk droop, ride plate and place diverter. Ride plate is about 4 deg up from the bottom of the boat. 5/8 shoe

·
Done....
990 Posts
I'm not the guy to talk to when it comes to hardware changes...but, CS19 and a few red cup members will chime in tonight, or tomarrow when they're back from the races in Bako.

You mentioned 5/8 shoe?....what cut? There's many variables to choose for more lift..etc and bitting edge. Like I said, i'm just putting my .02 out. I may be wrong from what I said. I'm still a newbie.:)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
blown 540 about 900-950 hp. s/s a impeller but rebuilding a diffrent pump to put in it. It will have a s/s hi-helix b.It has a top loader trimmed even with the bottom of the boat. My shoue hangs down about 5/8 from bottom of boat. I put a straight edge on it last night and found a hook in it only on the center of the bottom up to the first chine on both sides will be removing that. The shoe has an angle about 4-5 deg up cut in it where the ride plate bolts up so the plate angles up will try to get some pics up today.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,102 Posts
I've seen a lot of pics of tx-19 running very dry. What are some things I can look into tr free it up. It has a berk droop, ride plate and place diverter. Ride plate is about 4 deg up from the bottom of the boat. 5/8 shoe
4* on the ride plate......5-6* on the nozzle :)bulb

That 5/8" seems like a ton. Have you ever put a 2* back-cut on it?

What's your opening length ? (front of intake grate to biting edge of shoe)

Intake (suction) psi ?

Any pictures at speed?

Sleeper CP :D
Big Inch Ford Lover

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,102 Posts
5/8"? Most i've seen are 0-1/8" below keel.
It could be, you have two choices to feed that big of an impeller at high rpm:

Hang the hardware or open the shoe.

I've never been a fan of hanging the hardware beneath the boat(hard shut downs and it screws up the ski wake) so my current opening is 14" with a shoe that is even with the keel (flat shoe).

My new MPD 2* backcut just showed up this morning. I had him do a new backcut for me that has a 5/16" bigger opening than my other backcut. It's made to be 1/16th up.

Edit: you can try installing a 2-4* down wedge at the droop.

S CP :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Relooked at it and I measured wrong the shoue is about 1/16 below the bottom. The opening in the intake is 14 1/4 inches.

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
my shoe is 1/16 up with the loader trimmed back to 1/4 below keel(it was 1.5 below when i started) 3.5 up ride plate(which is 3.5 inces past the end of the bowl...a little longr than most.) 6 *wedge with a straight snoot and diverter 650 horse "a" impeller... unfortunatley no gps but 80 plus on the pitot speedo at4200 rpms i can only get5200rpms wide open ,who knows how fast but this boat runs hard and fast all the way to the end .maybe if i had the impeller cut to a "b" or better yet nitrous 100 fo sho you can see how dry mine runs on youtube at davenportjetboat1....if you pause the vid at about 57 seconds theres a very clear frame of mine flying high ...maybe too high..with your power you should be able to do the same id think

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Relooked at it and I measured wrong the shoue is about 1/16 below the bottom. The opening in the intake is 14 1/4 inches.
Ryan glad you got your parts !;)and IMO time drill and tap the intake for guages , to close down that intake opening and maybe add "a little shoe" depending on feed back Good luck with the HH Tom

1 - 11 of 11 Posts