Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was told it was a 76 eliminator bubble deck. In a previous thread i start someone brought up the fact that my boat looks different from other 76 eliminators. Where the other 76's gradualy slope down to the rear of the boat mine has a lip with a drop off with no gradual decline. Leads me to believe i dont have a eliminator :)bulb..

Any help would be appreciated.. Thanks.

( the top pic is my boat, lower two are other 76's ive seen on this site. )

Attachments

·
Premium Member
984 Posts
You are right. All the Eliminator 18 Bubbledecks I have seen had the smooth transition to the transom.
What is the Hull ID number on the HULL(not the paperwork)? Should be located a few inches to the right of the right transom eyelet. If it isn't there due to being painted over, you could always start sanding............. :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are right. All the Eliminator 18 Bubbledecks I have seen had the smooth transition to the transom.
What is the Hull ID number on the HULL(not the paperwork)? Should be located a few inches to the right of the right transom eyelet. If it isn't there due to being painted over, you could always start sanding............. :)
CFV 181151276 is the number on the rear of the hull. Idk how to check what it is? There a site or something?

·
Registered
83 Posts
that comes up as "
Citrus Fiberglass Repair
CFV

but if I search on them, this comes up..but it did show they have 2 hin's
Citrus Fiberglass RepairCFV
Citrus Fiberglass RepairCJP

Company Name
Citrus Fiberglass Repair
Current status of the company
Company Status
Out of Business
Date In Business
7/26/1993 0:00
Date Out of Business
4/28/2005 0:00
Products
Outboards- Open Motorboats- Jon Boats

Manufacturer Identification Code
CJP

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Read the "comments" section for the history of that MIC. Shows "WAS CONTINENTAL FGL,3162 E LA PALMA AV,ANAHEIM,CA; OOB 8/79. " Since the HIN shows it to be a 76, it looks like it was manufactured by "Continental Fiberglass" who went out of business in 79.
Bubble popper, I've never even heard of them. I don't know what to make of my title than.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Read the "comments" section for the history of that MIC. Shows "WAS CONTINENTAL FGL,3162 E LA PALMA AV,ANAHEIM,CA; OOB 8/79. " Since the HIN shows it to be a 76, it looks like it was manufactured by "Continental Fiberglass" who went out of business in 79.
Has anyone heard of continental? What does that mean about my title? It must be a fake since it says its a eliminator and has matching hull numbers..

·
Registered
110 Posts
My buddy has a 21 Continental v-drive cruiser, dont know much about the company though.

As to the rear of your boat my dad had a hawaiian with the same lip running around the rear.

·
Registered
270 Posts
No One?

My GoogleFu seems weak on this subject. I have only been able to find one other...

There were no useful details about it however.

Johny, I hope you are able to find the information you are looking for.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
There was a fellow named Don Engle who ran a boat buildiing company in Wichita, Ks during those years called Continental Foberglass. I don't think he ever built anything but V-Drive boats though.

Duane HTP

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There was a fellow named Don Engle who ran a boat buildiing company in Wichita, Ks during those years called Continental Foberglass. I don't think he ever built anything but V-Drive boats though.
Duane HTP
Ive seen 3 jets so far. Mine, the yellow one above and a hurricane wrecked one.. Other than those, nothing else has come up in my search. Its full stringer so im guessing it cant be to cheap of a boat..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts