Performance Boats Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Administrator
11,646 Posts
We'll put this back up now that its over. My sincere thanks for ruining the ending for the rest of us gay bastards who enjoyed watching the show for the past 4 months. Nice move.

:))THumbsUp :))THumbsUp <<not :))ThumbsDwn

·
Never Enough
972 Posts
I was kind of afraid that was gonna happen. Adam was by far the better singer/ performer but as usual at this stage of the game it's more of a popularity contest and not about the better performer.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
Thanks dickhead. Why did you put it in the title?
Vs Adam That's all. :)hand
I actually made a point of not looking at Open Water just in-case some asshole posted the results. So you're the asshole huh ? I bet there are some ticked off people... good job if that was your goal. Well I guess it was :)hand

S CP :D

·
Re-member
3,729 Posts
....Chris Allen is vey good and very likeable,......but I think the The 17 year old Allison Ireheda,....Danny Goky.....and Adam Lambert are all musically more talented................ I would think Adam's, Glam/Gay, image beat him......Middle America has spoken again......

.....Without going to far out on a limb,....I'm going to speculate that Adam Lambert's success will be huge......

.....Whose music might I buy in the future???........Allison Ireheda and Danny Goky's.......

·
Administrator
11,646 Posts
....Chris Allen is vey good and very likeable,......but I think the The 17 year old Allison Ireheda,....Danny Goky.....and Adam Lambert are all musically more talented................ I would think Adam's, Glam/Gay, image beat him......Middle America has spoken again......

.....Without going to far out on a limb,....I'm going to speculate that Adam Lambert's success will be huge......

.....Whose music might I buy in the future???........Allison Ireheda and Danny Goky's.......
I agree with you. I picked the winner the last 2 years, 6 weeks out. I got lucky I guess. I had Adam and Allison in the final with Adam taking the win. I figured Chris would be gone in the #5 or #4 spot. Chris is good, but they were all good. Adam will likely be a huge rock star. Chris will likely do ok with the more conservative listener. I think looks has a lot to do with it too in this case. Chris is young enough to draw millions of votes from the young and 20 something chick factor. Adam with the gay/glam deal probably didn't get much of that vote. I would not be surprised if Adam, Allison, and Gokey all do better over time than Chris. But wtf do I know. I chose selling boat parts for a career. :)sphss

I saw a list of idol top earners on one of the web pages a couple days ago. Carrie U far and away the highest last year with some number over 10 mil, David Cook in at 2 mil already, first year...pretty damn good.

The only past winners I thought were weak were Jordan Sparks and Taylor Hicks. Daughtry and McPhee should have been the clear finalists that year imo. You're right, another example of a popularity contest that year and Archie almost pulled it over Cook last year, a year in which I thought Cook was light years ahead as a singer. I consider the worst injustice to date the Taylor Hicks win over those other two.

They should limit the voting to one vote per phone number instead of all the auto dialing and 100 million vote counts. What does that number really mean? There were certainly not anywhere near 100 million people watching that voted. It means little. I think the judges do pretty well getting to the top 12 and then the voters get it right to a point. But at the end it always seems like a crap shoot of popularity vs quality singer. Just my take.

·
Registered
550 Posts
More proof that this show has nothing to do with singing talent....!!! 14 and 15 year old girls voting and screaming for Chris ruined this show...Adam is the real singer.....!!!

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good morning everyone. :)hand I didn't know so many of you couldn't handle a spoiler. It's not much fun going for the big setup, if most people won't get to it. If knowing the result ruined your night, I wish I would have done it with Survivor, too. Because in the end, does it really matter? You watched the performers last night, and Wednesday was the big night to sit through Ryan Seacrest's lousy teasers as we go to break for the 50th time. I wachee most if the season only to get a phone call from my girlfriend about the winner. I was disappointed, but not that it's the end of the world, because Adam is by far the better performer and will do wonders with his talent and image. I'm sure someone took my info and used it for their own spoiler, but it's funny knowing that my little sister can take it better than some of you pussies on here.
Sincerely,
The Asshole

Suck it up, you'll get over it. ;)

·
688 Posts
Who made you god AH. some people might want to watch that stuff through its finish. It isn't up to you to make up there minds.

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
My favorite part was . . . . .

Bikini Girl's new fake tits and Kara coming out and ripping her dress open . . . I couln't stand Kara before, after that her stock went way up . . . :)devil

and what the hell is up with Fergie's face . . . . :))eek:))

·
Premium Member
2,028 Posts
We'll put this back up now that its over. My sincere thanks for ruining the ending for the rest of us gay bastards who enjoyed watching the show for the past 4 months. Nice move.

:))THumbsUp :))THumbsUp <<not :))ThumbsDwn
Guys that watch that show and admit to it .... serious Man Card violation!!:D

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
The finale was an all around great entertainment value.

I was of the mind that Adam would win the whole thing from the beginning but something about Chris made me think he would make it to the end. I told my wife last week that if was to lay a bet on the winner, I'd bet on Chris over Adam primarily because of how the voting had gone throughtout. Chris had the most solid support and likely gained some votes that had been Danny's. He's a very solid consistant performer with great musical skills. Adam is a unbelievable with his abilities to blend great production into the songs he presents. He reminds me in many ways of David Bowie.

I disagree with the points of view putting Chris behind the other 3. Danny to me is one most limited and although I'd rate him a bit better pure vocalist over Chris, and Chris far out distances Danny as a polished performer. Allison has the voice and with a little maturing may end up as the top producer of all in the long run. Her performance with Cindy Lauper was awesome.

Chris' performance with Keith Urban to me revealed a look at his future. Very similar level of abilities. Chris can and will be a top selling artist in either country or soft rock. Adam's performance with KISS showed his tremendous abilities as a stage performer with a big R&R band. In some ways Adam brings Roger Daltrey to mind. I don't think there are any limits to what Adam can perform if he chooses to. For this reason alone he is the best as he is the most versatile.

All in all the final 4 should all have success with 3 perhaps gaining super stardom.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.