Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He would be 182 years old....that is just amazing to me. Nobody could beat my Grandfater as he would be 130 years old if alive but I believe this is just insanely crazy. My Mother is still alive and is 82 and she has lots of Great Grandkids.

I don't know but this is really pushing the limit. My GG was born in 1827 and died in 1913. On my Mothers side they live a long time.....

I mention this as my Mom just haded me some info on it and it just blew me away.....

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
Tom

You trying to tells us you're gonna be posting here for another 50 years? :)coffee

Carl

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol...

So I guess my GGF had 3 brothers and they all came to America together. When they were in NY they thru up 4 feathers and where they landed was the direction that each one headed out to make a new life in America. Pretty cool stuff to hear from my Mom today.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I'm still trying to convince myself the chick from last night was 21...

Seriously though, all my grandparents and great grandparents lived to be in their 90s or close to it.

·
Banned
4,599 Posts

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seems my GGF's wife has roots in America back to the pre-1700 stage...WTF! Of course I realize it is pre-America.

This is pretty amazing at the click of a mouse.....

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think my family were revolutionarys. I already knew I was Hillbilly Royalty being related to both the Hatfields and the McCoys.

This has been a very interesting day for me :)

Now...how do I make some money off of all this????

:)

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
I think my family were revolutionarys. I already knew I was Hillbilly Royalty being related to both the Hatfields and the McCoys.

Sell boat rides.

I just tell people I'm a dumb 'ol hillbilly from MO....and they just laugh.

·
Got to get In da Wind
821 Posts
Grand father born in 1899 died in 1999 after his 100th Birthday. It amazing sometimes to think of all the things that were invented or just came to be during those years. Came from Ireland to America missed his first boat ride on the Titantic due to illness so his best friend took his place

·
Administrator
11,649 Posts

Stop posting on the forum and go to work.

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sell boat rides.

I just tell people I'm a dumb 'ol hillbilly from MO....and they just laugh.
lol...

Grand father born in 1899 died in 1999 after his 100th Birthday. It amazing sometimes to think of all the things that were invented or just came to be during those years. Came from Ireland to America missed his first boat ride on the Titantic due to illness so his best friend took his place
That's one way of looking at winning the loto :)

Stop posting on the forum and go to work.
That's an idea but it is Sunday so I will work Tuesday just for you :)

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
My great grandmother was 103 and gram made it to 91.
My buddy up the street (Chester Mounts)is related to either the Hatfields or the McCoys too. He's a West Virginny boy....

·
Lavey Me Alone
1,417 Posts
I'm 39 and still have 3 of my 4 grandparents alive. One grandma is 96, and my other two grandparents are in their upper 80's......

I should be so lucky! :D

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My great grandmother was 103 and gram made it to 91.
My buddy up the street (Chester Mounts)is related to either the Hatfields or the McCoys too. He's a West Virginny boy....
Were probably two times distant relatives.....lol

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm 39 and still have 3 of my 4 grandparents alive. One grandma is 96, and my other two grandparents are in their upper 80's......

I should be so lucky! :D
I never knew my grandparents. Dad was an orphan and grew up in WV in the orphanages when they were very rough and brutal. I spent some time with my Moms parents but I was like 1-2 years old so I don't remember them. I do know that they had a TV which was a real big luxury back then and I put a hammer thru the screen. Not good.....haha I do know my Grandpa had three sets of teeth.

You are very lucky and of course you already know this. I would love to have sit down with my gramps and had a chew :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts