Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just giving Nostradaumus, Insane, Hillary, Poltregist a DMXcuse/opportunity to explain what went on today :)

·
HELL OF A GUY
3,137 Posts
don't worry tom the jazz will choke,they always dooooooooo,remember the bulls;) good luck lakers:)devil

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Lakers choked at the free throw line....Kobe 6 of 10 and LO 5 of 10?!?! That is completely unacceptable to me. I felt like Utah was flat out beating the Lakers to the ball off the boards on both ends. I honestly believe that if Turiaf doesn't get ejected from this game the results might have been a lot different. He brings a great energy to the team and I felt like they were lazy yesterday especially in OT. Utah wanted it more in OT...it is as simple as that.

A question I have is.... WTF is Radmanovic starting? The guy is horrible right now and doesn't belong on the floor.

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lakers choked at the free throw line....Kobe 6 of 10 and LO 5 of 10?!?! That is completely unacceptable to me. I felt like Utah was flat out beating the Lakers to the ball off the boards on both ends. I honestly believe that if Turiaf doesn't get ejected from this game the results might have been a lot different. He brings a great energy to the team and I felt like they were lazy yesterday especially in OT. Utah wanted it more in OT...it is as simple as that.

A question I have is.... WTF is Radmanovic starting? The guy is horrible right now and doesn't belong on the floor.
Radman is a plant from the Clips to do the lakers in :)

·
Rubbing is Racing!!
2,837 Posts

yeah...

Also why in the world is Walton and Sasha dribbling the ball with seconds left in the game.

They look nervous as all get out and Walton all but cost them the game friday.:mad::):)punch

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
yeah...

Also why in the world is Walton and Sasha dribbling the ball with seconds left in the game.

They look nervous as all get out and Walton all but cost them the game friday.:mad::):)punch
Yesterday I would say it was because Kobe was not 100% and didn't have the bounce in his step like usual. He normally torches Kirilenko and he had a few blocks on Kobe in the 2nd half.

Call me crazy...I've had the weirdest feeling over the last 2 games like the Lakers weren't putting 100% effort in. I don't want to say I think they tanked the game on purpose but the thought did definitely cross my mind.

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yesterday I would say it was because Kobe was not 100% and didn't have the bounce in his step like usual. He normally torches Kirilenko and he had a few blocks on Kobe in the 2nd half.

Call me crazy...I've had the weirdest feeling over the last 2 games like the Lakers weren't putting 100% effort in. I don't want to say I think they tanked the game on purpose but the thought did definitely cross my mind.
wait a minute Dan....Why would they tank the game? They are professional atheletes and they may not have played their best but to tank a game in the PO's is not even close to what happened.

So how many people are controlling the weather around the world? :)

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
wait a minute Dan....Why would they tank the game? They are professional atheletes and they may not have played their best but to tank a game in the PO's is not even close to what happened.

So how many people are controlling the weather around the world? :)
I'm not sure how many Laker games you've sat and watched this season but I've watched A LOT of them. The last 2 games just didn't look like the same team. Thats all I'm saying. I just got a very strange feeling while watching them like something was fishy. I know that is a little crazy but just the feeling I got.

Since you asked.....the reason they would tank it is there is A TON OF $$$$$$ for the team, NBA, TV networks, etc. if the series goes to 6 or 7 games.

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm not sure how many Laker games you've sat and watched this season but I've watched A LOT of them. The last 2 games just didn't look like the same team. Thats all I'm saying. I just got a very strange feeling while watching them like something was fishy. I know that is a little crazy but just the feeling I got.

Since you asked.....the reason they would tank it is there is A TON OF $$$$$$ for the team, NBA, TV networks, etc. if the series goes to 6 or 7 games.
The Lakers aren't anywhere good enough to even consider that. Not a chance Dan.

They got beat.....yes, teams play differently on the road -vs- at home and especially in the PO's. Simple as that
Remember the conspiracy theories that go around from time to time on refs being told do call a game a certain way for the benefit of the NBA, teams, etc? If that is true don't you think that one ref that got caught gambling would blow the whistle on the NBA?

·
Rubbing is Racing!!
2,837 Posts

I think it comes down to utahs style of play. They are very physical and long at most positions. I think the Lakers are not getting alot of calls that they should and yet for some reason they are calling tick tack stuff on fisher while guarding williams.

I think the Lakers are missing the interior defense because gasol and odom are being taken outside by that turkish guy and his buddy that lookes like tom cruise:D

The Jazz have done a good job and closing the passing lanes and its hurt the lakers bench scoring.

I think they will win the next 2 if Kobe is ok:)

·
Registered
656 Posts
Lol...funny start even though it is a HATER thread. :)st What you say is true, our best player was playing in major pain, and the refs have sucked, but that's not only why the Lakers lost. Utah had their backs against the wall. They're a gritty team, even though they almost lost a game they had lead the whole way. They've got some talent and played w/heart yesterday. Unless Kobe's just done, Lakers will take the next two. No worries. It would be nice if the Lakers make more free throws and LO would finish more of his layups. We're fine. Kobe's not invincible though. Hopefully, it was just spasms and he comes out ok on Weds. He's already playing with other injuries. Dude is a stone cold warrior.

Glad at least your Mom knows B-ball and will watch the Lakers with you even though you're a JV fan. :D

1 - 20 of 47 Posts