Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Inland Empire-Big River
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Between hiring a yard guy or a pool guy which one would you have? I'm willing to take on one or the other, basically I want the path of least resistence here;).

Let me give you some background first -

I live on a 1/2 acre that is fully landscaped, so much so that the water bill is routinely $300-350 a month. It takes me my whole Saturday just doing the back yard with weeds, trimming and mowing:mad:

On the other hand, my pool is fairly large. Its 20' x 40' and 10 1/2' deep at its deepest point. I already have a pool guy and he does great, but when I watch how much he has to do he's in and out in a half hour or so. He only charges me $80 a month and that includes 2 free filter cleanings a year. I've had him for 5 years now. If I did it myself it would cost me roughly $25-$35 a month in chemicals (its a chlorine pool).

I'm curious to hear from those that are in the same situation. The wifey says only one or the other so I can't have both. I'm leaning towards firing the pool guy because this all day lawn crap isn't working out for my quality of life :D Anybody want to by a John Deere lawn mower

·
professional slacker
884 Posts
Hire the landscaper and save your back.

And Saturdays.

·
205 Posts
That's what i would do. Clean the pool and let somebody else do landscaping.

·
Registered
19,839 Posts
let someone else maintain your yard..the pool is once a week sweep/vacume ,skim, check chems..takes 20 min. better yet get a automatic pool sweep....then ya just have to skim and check chems.

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
Forget the yard work hire some one .Clean your own pool easy to do.
Never had a pool guy ,always had a yard guy .Hell I don't even own a lawn mower.

·
Nuclear Powered
1,281 Posts
Move into a condo and let the wife have the house:D

·
Inland Empire-Big River
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd fire them both. Then I'd redo the yard with low maintenance landscaping. I mean $300-$350 a month in water bill? WTF? :)sphss
Tell me about it!! I live in a neighborhood that everyone's on 1/2 acre lots, I picked the house on a corner so I have a shitload of easment to water as well. The next house I buy will be all asphalt & concrete, I could park at my front door then:D:D I do save money on storage. I got plenty of room for the toyhauler & boat though

Well...thats it!! Even the pool guy is gonna get a pink slip:p
I wonder what the lawn guy is gonna charge now. Off to the pool supply shop tomorrow for my starter kit:)

·
Islander Trailer Trash#23
1,520 Posts
Does your wife have a housekeeper? Does she get her nails done?

I ran into a similar situation w/my wife years back. She said that I did just as good of a job doing the yard as our landscapers. She thought I should get rid of them because we were paying too much for a landscaper & pool guy. I told her that I would be willing to let go of the landscaper and do it weekly myself if she would give up her housekeeper. We had a 1/2 acre lot at the time and it took my over 3 hrs to do the yard! Needless to say, we kept both the landscaper & housekeeper.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts