Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sadly things are not looking to good in the gulfcoast this morning !!! none of the models are encouraging!!

this is why i left everything tied up or down.stored and put away. cut down three dead trees yesterday.two that finally died due to rita and one from a lighting strike. these were 75-100 ft pine trees.i did do one good thing reinstalled the starter on the TX.

oh well wait and see. i do not think u will see the mass exodus this time that we saw last week. fund$,patience, and thieves will keep a lot of folks home !!

mexico needs this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
344 Posts
i hear ya, i hope it goes to mexico too. I'm pretty sure i am gonna have to go home and board up for this one. they wouldn't let me go on the last one cause there weren't any track lines towards corpus christi, but i got a feeling that is where this one is headed.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SR looks like the great state of Texas will get hammered by this one. don't have a good gut feeling about it.guess still gun shy from rita. rode it out about 20 miles from where it made landfall and it was not a pleasant ordeal.

hope & pray for the best! try and prepare for the worse. cheyne called yesterday they finally got power back in sunset.

i have only had the tx out one time this year and would like to again,but i am ready for some cold weather to shut these damn storms down. ready for 08 to be over.

·
Cajun Member
1,436 Posts
Hope yall don't have to contend with ike,looks like it might be headed yall way.
Im glad Cheyne finaly got power,that shit gets old quick.St. Landry parish was slow to receive help,almost like they slipped through the cracks. Yall plan on stayin put for ike?

·
Banned
344 Posts
well it looks like it is headed to south texas as of now, but it isn't in the gulf yet, i guess i will be heading down to aransas pass to board up the house and drag my tx-19 out to a buddies house. hey swamp rooster i had a 1986 liberator just like the one you have same colors, well that is until i painted it orange, it is lurking in north louisiana now i heard the guy is running the red river with it.

·
Cajun Member
1,436 Posts
well it looks like it is headed to south texas as of now, but it isn't in the gulf yet, i guess i will be heading down to aransas pass to board up the house and drag my tx-19 out to a buddies house. hey swamp rooster i had a 1986 liberator just like the one you have same colors, well that is until i painted it orange, it is lurking in north louisiana now i heard the guy is running the red river with it.
Why'd ya get rid of the liberator?

·
Registered
80 Posts
looks like Yequa Creek at Somerville.

Think Ike will be going in somewhere between Corpus and Houston. I think Matagorda Bay is it. That means we'll prolly get some good wind and rain here in Katy. As long as it's after Thursday nite. I'm gonna see da Eagles.

BT

·
Desert Racing Widow
2,073 Posts
Good luck, guys. You're in my thoughts. Batten down the hatches ;)

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
wait and see attitude.if H town evac's it is gonna get busy!!! they are predicting a cat 4 @landfall. rita was a high 3 and it was bad news.

got car,guns,pic's and dogs ready to roll outta town with wife it it turns back.

guess the EOC will be the same.hope it holds up to a cat 4. storm surge will be equally as bad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
well now they say Freeport which puts Galveston on the bad side. I see Jim Cantore is in Galveston and they always send him where its going. Looks like anywhere between Matagorda Bay and Galveston for landfall and they are saying a Cat 4 by when it hits. But this thing is 500 miles wide so Its gonna affect alot of people with winds and rain.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Well I will be getting the bad side they are saying. I am over a 100 miles from the coast so Hopefully I want get as bad as winds.Gonna stick it out. On the North side of Houston.

·
lol, right.....
1,168 Posts
Same here, stayin put in the Alamo del Diablo..... :)grn Storm shows to be shifting north slightly every so often, so the focus may be off of us. Damn thing is so big though, looks like its gonna be pretty bad no matter what.

I saw that about Jim Cantore, lol.... Only thing is, Julie Martin was there this morning, musta sent Jim out for coffee. :p

Closest thing we had was Mike Sidell in Pt. Lavaca, which is like 30 miles away or so. :)Violin :D Asked Carole if she wanted me to haul ass over there so I could stand behind him on camera & wave at the TV like those people in Galveston were doing, lol..... :)sphss

Heard this morning on the radio Houston may be doing mandatory evacuations by noon today.... That will be a real clusterf*ck I'd imagine...

Good thoughts to everyone, stay safe people!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ike

got home at 2200 had a jack black & coke.showered and hit the bed.didn't sleep to well ever after a 16 hr.day.got to be back at eoc at 6.had a few thing s to finish this morning so been up since 0330. getting my 1st cup of seaport.
haven't looked at the storm yet almost afraid to. to all of u in harms way

a prayer of safety and no loss. i know our web footed cuzans in Louisiana are praying for us.

looks as if H town will catch H!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Ready to bunker down. Got 3 cases of beer, and only a 5th of Beam. But I got thirsty and drank half the Beam last night. I was thirsty :D
Got a buddy from freeport staying with us and there 2 small kids and my Mom. Dont know If I have enough booze :D Got a generator and about 40 gallons of gas.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts