Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Temporarily Pacified!
5,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unbelievable....this administration has not missed a day with blowing my mind in stupidity!!!!!!!

DHS Chief Napolitano: Illegal Immigration Is Not a Crime

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 11:26 AM

By: Jim Meyers
javascript:setActiveStyleSheet('largeFont');
Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano stunned many listeners during an appearance on CNN when she asserted that illegal immigration is really not a crime.

In an interview with CNN’s John King last week, Napolitano discussed Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Maricopa County, Ariz., a strict enforcer of immigration laws who says he wants illegal aliens to be prosecuted and jailed.

King said: “A lot of Democrats in Congress want you to investigate him. They think he is over the line. He says he is just enforcing the law and the problem is the federal government.”

Napolitano responded: “Sheriff Joe … knows that there aren’t enough law enforcement officers, courtrooms or jail cells in the world to do what he is saying.

“What we have to do is target the real evil-doers in this business, the employers who consistently hire illegal labor, the human traffickers who are exploiting human misery.

“And yes, when we find illegal workers, yes, appropriate action, some of which is criminal, most of that is civil, because crossing the border is not a crime per se. It is civil. But anyway, going after those as well.”

The fact is, crossing the border without authorization is a crime. The statute reads: “Any alien who enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers . . . shall, for the first commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than 6 months, or both.”

·
Desert Racing Widow
2,073 Posts
:)st

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Like any good politician she'll reverse herself or spin it to reflect what she really meant. I predict she'll cite the 14th amendment and declare it not a "real" crime. After all, how how can people coming here wanting nothing more than to work hard and earn a living be considered criminals?:)sphss

·
1,512 Posts
With a government like this who needs police? What an incompetent civil servant. Arizona must be proud...shes gone.

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
Doesn't illegal mean just that?

"Ignorance of the law is also no excuse" to break the law.

Brian

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
Must be that Bush left DC and took all the "Rule Books" with him.....These Dems can't seem to figure out much about what's legal and what's not.

Like the man said, everyday they just seem to top the stupidity from the day before without any end it sight.......

I bet that widetrackin' bitch knows better than to go messin' with Sheriff Joe.:|err

Hell I'd love to see Joe get her job, it'd solve a whole lot of problems real fast, including deporting a certain Kenyan.:)hand

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Like any good politician she'll reverse herself or spin it to reflect what she really meant. I predict she'll cite the 14th amendment and declare it not a "real" crime. After all, how how can people coming here wanting nothing more than to work hard and earn a living be considered criminals?:)sphss
Not a chance of her finding anything in the 14th Amendment, but if she is smart enough to look, she might find something in the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo she can twist enough to fool those who already want to believe her .:confused:

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
According to everything I have heard, Illegal Immigration is NOT, technically, a "crime" since it is not a violation of any CRIMINAL statutes.

It is a violation of CIVIL statutes.

Small difference, yes, and it is STILL a huge problem.

IMO illegals need found and sent back.

I welcome all LEGALS, with visa in hand.
Come on in, enjoy the place, make a great future here, best of luck to ya.

Their employers need to be hit HARD, closed if need be.
That just opens the door for another employer, one who will follow the rules.

·
Registered
686 Posts
If you are an illegal... In order to recieve employment you must show some sort of documentation that you are ELIGIBLE to be employed. Just as I have to. If you are illegaly, legal proof of this is not possible. Gaining illegal documentation of this sort IS ILLEGAL. Her argument holds no water. Napolitano is a certified KOOK.

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
If you are an illegal... In order to receive employment you must show some sort of documentation that you are ELIGIBLE to be employed. Just as I have to. If you are illegaly, legal proof of this is not possible. Gaining illegal documentation of this sort IS ILLEGAL. Her argument holds no water. Napolitano is a certified KOOK.
This statement is interesting inasmuch as it is federal law that prohibits questioning illegals prior to hospital treatment of any kind. My wife left a 35 year career in OB/GYN nursing primarily due to illegals dropping in to have their babies here who, for some stupid reason beyond me are born citizens of the US. Oh, by the way, they bring in their extended families and all order dinner like room service at the Marriott knowing they will never pay a single penny.

With a government like this who needs police? What an incompetent civil servant. Arizona must be proud...shes gone.
It's a bitter sweet situation. Having the freak gone from Arizona is a true blessing to our state but seeing her land in a federal position as she has with absolutely no qualifications whatsoever to perform that job, is only another reminder of this entire unqualified, unprepared, and apathetic administration. It's not good news for anyone who likes America. On the other hand, it's excellent news for any and all enemies.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts