Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Swollen Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and lube up. How about needing 1 MILLION dollars liability insurance if you own a gun??? Another penalty for being a law abiding citizen.

HB0687

96th General Assembly
House Sponsors
Rep. Kenneth Dunkin

Last Action
Date Chamber Action
2/6/2009 House Referred to Rules Committee

Statutes Amended In Order of Appearance
430 ILCS 65/4.5 new
430 ILCS 65/8 from Ch. 38, par. 83-8

Synopsis As Introduced
Amends the Firearm Owners Identification Card Act. Provides that any person who owns a firearm in this State shall maintain a policy of liability insurance in the amount of at least $1,000,000 specifically covering any damages resulting from negligent or willful acts involving the use of such firearm while it is owned by such person. Provides that a person shall be deemed the owner of a firearm after the firearm is lost or stolen until such loss or theft is reported to the police department or sheriff of the jurisdiction in which the owner resides. Provides that the Department of State Police shall revoke and seize a Firearm Owner's Identification Card previously issued under this Act if the Department finds that the person to whom such card was issued possesses or acquires a firearm and does not submit evidence to the Department of State Police that he or she has been issued in his or her name a liability insurance policy in the amount of at least $1,000,000 specifically covering any damages resulting from negligent or willful acts involving the use of such firearm while it is owned by such person. Effective January 1, 2010.

http://www.ilga.gov/legislatio...41158

"Andy", EM1 USN, Ret.

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any bad feelings or sense of exclusion that the reader of this post may have-whether real or imagined. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster of this thread would like to also remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
Government = skumbags

There has never been a time I remember when I have been so pissed off at government trying to infringe on and take away our rights as citizens.

The revolution is coming. Stock up.

·
No Longer Recovering
916 Posts
Hell that's easy! Just go shoot someone and hope they don't sue you for more than a million... that'll take care of crime! :)bulb

·
Premium Member
1,683 Posts
I've gotten 5 friends to join the NRA. All are gun owners but never really thought about what we could loose with the powers in office. My wife and I went ahead and got CCP in the state of TN because I feel it is just going to get worse. If this BS with the serial numbered ammo goes through were screwed.

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
I posted the other day that Rep Kent (D-Illinois) wants to introduce a bill to congress that nationally infringes on your rights.
HR45 will require you to submit medical records as well as waive your 4th amendment right if you want to exercise your 2nd amendment right. In other words if you own a gun you have to prove you are sane (which leaves most of the democratic party out as well as any Chicago politician) and sign a waiver allowing anyone from city, state, or federal government to enter your home at any time without any reason or cause and without a warrant to conduct a search.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I posted the other day that Rep Kent (D-Illinois) wants to introduce a bill to congress that nationally infringes on your rights.
HR45 will require you to submit medical records as well as waive your 4th amendment right if you want to exercise your 2nd amendment right. In other words if you own a gun you have to prove you are sane (which leaves most of the democratic party out as well as any Chicago politician) and sign a waiver allowing anyone from city, state, or federal government to enter your home at any time without any reason or cause and without a warrant to conduct a search.
I checked out this bill and did not see the part about giving up the 4th. Do you have a link to some more info about this?

If this is true what a crock of chit.

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
I checked out this bill and did not see the part about giving up the 4th. Do you have a link to some more info about this?

If this is true what a crock of chit.
The 4th amendment give you the right to illegal search and seizure. Once this bill comes into play, you are submitting that you agree to have you guns and where they are stored inspected at their convenience. One thing I did misstate was that they could do it anytime. It does say during business hours. What that means for you as a homeowner I don't know.

The following paragraph is from the website www.guncontrolkills.com
"You see congress can not regulate anything but interstate commerce so they just declare the guns in our homes interstate commerce and now they can require them to be licensed."

This is directly from the bill which you can find at http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/text

SEC. 403. INSPECTIONS.

In order to ascertain compliance with this Act, the amendments made by this Act, and the regulations and orders issued under this Act, the Attorney General may, during regular business hours, enter any place in which firearms or firearm products are manufactured, stored, or held, for distribution in commerce, and inspect those areas where the products are so manufactured, stored, or held

The fact that there is a comma between "or held" & "for distribution" opens it up for you home. "Stored" & "or held" means your home!!!!

Here's another bit of info:
(aa) Firearm Licensing Requirement-

‘(1) IN GENERAL- It shall be unlawful for any person other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector to possess a qualifying firearm on or after the applicable date, unless that person has been issued a firearm license--

Here's what's meant by qualifying firearm:

(b) Amendment to Title 18, United States Code- Section 921(a) of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following:
‘(36) The term ‘qualifying firearm’--
‘(A) means--
‘(i) any handgun;
‘(ii) any semiautomatic firearm that can accept any
detachable ammunition feeding device; and
‘(B) does not include any antique.’.

Anytime a democrat submits a bill with gun control legislation, automatically assume that it'll limit your right to own.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
The 4th amendment give you the right to illegal search and seizure. Once this bill comes into play, you are submitting that you agree to have you guns and where they are stored inspected at their convenience. One thing I did misstate was that they could do it anytime. It does say during business hours. What that means for you as a homeowner I don't know.

"You see congress can not regulate anything but interstate commerce so they just declare the guns in our homes interstate commerce and now they can require them to be licensed."

Wolfie, while I agree 100% with the thought behind your post, your statement of fact is so sadly worded that it doesn't make one bit of sense.

I won't invest the time that it would take to dispute your every point but please explain to me why machineguns, silencers, short-barreled rifles and shotguns, etc. have to be regulated, registered, by ATF before they can be sold/manufactured and you have to apply and be approved before you can take possession.
Rio

·
Junior Mumbler
521 Posts
Government = skumbags

There has never been a time I remember when I have been so pissed off at government trying to infringe on and take away our rights as citizens.

The revolution is coming. Stock up.
x2 I'm starting to feel bad about being an American.

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts

Wolfie, while I agree 100% with the thought behind your post, your statement of fact is so sadly worded that it doesn't make one bit of sense.

I won't invest the time that it would take to dispute your every point but please explain to me why machineguns, silencers, short-barreled rifles and shotguns, etc. have to be regulated, registered, by ATF before they can be sold/manufactured and you have to apply and be approved before you can take possession.
Rio
I apologize if my statements weren't clear and concise as I had someone behind me trying to carry on a conversation while I was typing. I am not a professional writer nor a politician. Just an average person that enjoys the freedoms and rights that were given to us and blood spilled in order for us to enjoy.
If what I said didn't make sense to you then please research for yourself as, hopefully everyone does. I hope that I am mistaken! If I read the bill wrong then all is well. If I didn't and everyone does their research then maybe we can stop any more degradation of our rights as US citizens.
I only brought this up to ensure that everyone is aware of the push for gun rights nationally that California has imposed on it's citizens. This bill seemed to take it further based solely on my apparent lack of gun legislation knowledge.
Here in Utah the gun regulations are much less restrictive than in California. I am hoping that this continues.

·
MLC - Mid Life Crisis
1,132 Posts
And here I thought we only had to deal with this kind of stupidity in California.
The Illinois political machine is almost as bad as CA. I wonder what the penalty will be if you don't have the insurance. The law should be that the other guy is only allowed to sue me for what I could sue him for.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts